Current Air guns laws

Could anyone give me the current info on airgun law in the uk.

I've googled it but it seems either the laws have just changed or the government want to change it soon?

I only want to plink a few targets with my boy, not shoot any live targets and I have permission to use my mates land. (Big farm)

Thanks

Very briefly: Do not discharge your weapon if you are within 50 feet of the centre line of a road.

When shooting on private land you must have the owner’s permission.

No pellets must leave the boundaries of the land you are authorised to shoot on.

If your son is under 14 years of age he must be supervised by someone over 21 years of age.

More details CLICK HERE

Very briefly: Do not discharge your weapon if you are within 50 feet of the centre line of a road.

No pellets must leave the boundaries of the land you are authorised to shoot on.

If your son is under 14 years of age he must be supervised by someone over 21 years of age.

More details CLICK HERE

that sounds a lot more serious and informed than my reply, but fifty feet isn't far, i could throw a pellet further.

More details CLICK HERE

That, and the rifle needs to be sub 12ft/lb or you'll need a FAC.

Whilst this is generally good advice, the law does not prevent you from doing this.

The law prevents you from discharging your firearm within 50 feet of the centre of a highway IF BY DOING SO you injure, interrupt or endanger a user of that highway.

Whilst this is generally good advice, the law does not prevent you from doing this.

The law prevents you from discharging your firearm within 50 feet of the centre of a highway IF BY DOING SO you injure, interrupt or endanger a user of that highway.

Quite sensible really, just because you are within that distance, doesn't mean you are aiming in the direction of the highway.

Archived