Advice about car please

I have a 1999 v reg ford ka. The MOT is due next week, as far as i am aware the only work that needs doing is some welding and then probably a new power steering pipe, one of which was recently replaced and fitted for £100. I'm wantimg some advice please..what would you do? Scrap the car or fix? The cars only done 55400 legit miles. Thanks for reading

get at least three quotes for the work required to pass an MOT test, and then you can weigh up whether to spend that on repairs, or sell it as 'spares or repair' and then buy another, preferably german, car

get at least three quotes for the work required to pass an MOT test, and then you can weigh up whether to spend that on repairs, or sell it as 'spares or repair' and then buy another, preferably german, car

Or just take it to a reputable garage in the first place. Pearl Motors are honest, reliable and do any work needed at a good price. There are others of course but as we always use PM that's who I would recommend.

The cars only done 55400 legit miles.

How many illegitimate miles has it done :hihi:

You do know you can go in upto a month early for an MOT test?

Your old certificate is still valid if you fail, although driving a car thats un-roadworthy is an offence.

Archived