Advice on a calf injury

Joffrey

Hi,

I've got this on and off calf injury caused by running and don't know how or what to do with it. I have tried rest (probably not enough, 4 days), I have tried light stretching but I don't think that is good either.

It's a light pain in my muscle which hurts when I come down on the ground and on push. I started running my round again this morning after four days of rest and started of slow and stayed slow throughout the 30 minutes i 'ran'.

It's still there ARGHHHHH.

I noticed a few weeks ago when I went for an 8 mile run it was there but after 30 minutes endorphins masked it all, I didn't run fast (12 minute a mile) since then its a problem.

I'm following Galloways training scheme and running 5 minutes and walk 1.

I need some advice how to deal with this etc

ta

Hi,

I've got this on and off calf injury caused by running and don't know how or what to do with it. I have tried rest (probably not enough, 4 days), I have tried light stretching but I don't think that is good either.

It's a light pain in my muscle which hurts when I come down on the ground and on push. I started running my round again this morning after four days of rest and started of slow and stayed slow throughout the 30 minutes i 'ran'.

It's still there ARGHHHHH.

I noticed a few weeks ago when I went for an 8 mile run it was there but after 30 minutes endorphins masked it all, I didn't run fast (12 minute a mile) since then its a problem.

I'm following Galloways training scheme and running 5 minutes and walk 1.

I need some advice how to deal with this etc

ta

Depending on how bad the damage is, you usually need at least a couple of weeks for something like that to heal. If you keep training through that "pain barrier" it's never going to heal properly and always be weakened.

Archived