Sheffieldish - words & phrases

i think all these have been said 3-4and even 5 or more times before, 71 pages.

We're getting down to the "short strokes" here.

Question, "Ahdoo?"

Silly answer, "Ahdon't!"

Question, "Well?"

Silly answer, "What's a well we-aght a bucket?". Deppe enuf t' drown thee in it!"

We're getting down to the "short strokes" here.

Question, "Ahdoo?"

Silly answer, "Ahdon't!"

Question, "Well?"

Silly answer, "What's a well we-aght a bucket?". Deppe enuf t' drown thee in it!"

:hihi::hihi::hihi: and ile get thi at play/dinner time on rec /re Burgreave school

also

al hav thi artside

Edited by kidley

This nowt so queer as folk......

Can we say this ? Isn't a bit of this slang one of the words which have been classified as "offensive" by a minority faction ?

Well, I find it offensive that the majority can't continue to use similar expressions in reference to any who discard normal relationships or are from ethnic groups who have chosen to share our tolerant society, but want to change our ways. Come on ! Like it or lump it this is the way we are !

When much stronger slang words form part of TV progs and the press skirt round the rules get by inventing " C-Word " & "N-Word " type expressions, or slip ******* on to their pages so there is no doubt about what is thinly veiled, it seems unfair that the use of well established, English slang expressions about anyone who' s a bit different is forbidden.

So there !!!

if something is not plumb i still say its cockled over, only found out the other year from a non sheffielder there is no such word.

as an ex sheffielder i can say you were right there is such an expression. if something is not plumb it is leaning. coming from plumb rule which builders used to use before spirit levels. (i am an ex builder my self ). also there were plumb bombs to check if something was vertical. thee avin thee on lol.