Plant stood in t'window

It looked so well and bright

Till one day it caught t'lurgy

And died within the night.

Mother said she'd watered it

Father said she'd not.

'Tis said we'll never know the fate

of that poor plant in t'pot.

Does anyone recall being told "not to rantan on't dooer/winda"?

We were told this when we went out carol singing.

Duffems

hiya,we said rat a tat rand ar way.

---------- Post added 26-10-2014 at 21:11 ----------

A cuckoo........not a full pint of beer...

hiya grinder j, thar went int cuckoo top side or heeley when them owd dears kept it, went past sheaf view other day, didn't reccognise it, remember the houses just back of pub well an olds school kid i knew richard turton, his wife gave birth to triplets around the time my wife and me had our eldest child also was talking to an old heeley lad last friday and we got talking about the walk down past skeltons, he said everybody he knew wouldn't go down there after dark, he said its name was cuttlers walk,he was talking about the names he knew round gleadless rd, like taggies icecream, shakespear,shakie, oil int wall, int dart room, boilers, oak down oak st,white and red lions, crown, said i worked with a bloke called barry fox ,who lived up richards rd, the place i lived still a green plot.

hiya grinder j, thar went int cuckoo top side or heeley when them owd dears kept it, went past sheaf view other day, didn't reccognise it, remember the houses just back of pub well an olds school kid i knew richard turton, his wife gave birth to triplets around the time my wife and me had our eldest child also was talking to an old heeley lad last friday and we got talking about the walk down past skeltons, he said everybody he knew wouldn't go down there after dark, he said its name was cuttlers walk,he was talking about the names he knew round gleadless rd, like taggies icecream, shakespear,shakie, oil int wall, int dart room, boilers, oak down oak st,white and red lions, crown, said i worked with a bloke called barry fox ,who lived up richards rd, the place i lived still a green plot.

The "Cuckoo" was the actually Prospect View and we always said it was "at the top of the daisy field".

I remember Turton (Ginger?) and went to Heeley Bank with Barry (Husky) Fox.