Sheffieldish - words & phrases

Anyone heard the saying 'Saf braissant' or 'Sof braissant' ? This was used by an old lady when I was working on a geriatric ward at NGH over 40 years ago.

I think she meant 'Do you think I'm soft in the head?'

Have asked many people and only one person said that they'd heard something similar

"Wesh back o the earoyles tha can grow taters inem"-Translate-Would you kindly wash behind your ears,they are a little dirty!"."As coyleman bin?""Aris chuctit darn coylhoil!"-Translate-"Has the coalman paid us a visit?""Oh yes and he has placed it down the cellar coal orifice!"-"Com thiair its stuck up like chapel hatpegs!"-Translate"Your hair is a tad untidy please run a comb through it!".

A great thread, but why are these expressions no longer used. My children always laugh when i'm on the 'phone with family and say 'our june' or 'our harry'. Is this just yorkshire?
No - it's Lancashire as well. In fact over there they sometimes use it for the person they are addressing. So if Albert wanted to attract the attention of his sister Irma, he might say "Come on our Irma...". Funny lot in Lancashire....:P

Anyone heard the saying 'Saf braissant' or 'Sof braissant' ? This was used by an old lady when I was working on a geriatric ward at NGH over 40 years ago.

Have asked many people and only one person said that they'd heard something similar

Mi muvver used t say sof brazzen.

---------- Post added 05-06-2013 at 19:44 ----------

He/ shes sof baked

Our neighbor across the yard always asked that.

Me mam would allus crack us up with the reply, "Qu'est-ce que yo me demandait?

And us kids would shout. "C'est une bonne mere".