Disusting Mainstream Media Lies About Islam - Farewell Intercourse

Look mate, anyone who believes in a mythical sky pixie, be it God, Allah, Jehovah, Buddha or whoever, shouldn't be surprised when folks extract the urine out of them. You have your delusions, that's fine, I'm glad they make you happy - just don't expect me not to find them funny, OK?

Now, on the other hand, Jedi believers and my next door neighbour, who tells me he's got fairies that live at the bottom of his garden...

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Steady on you risk the Wrath of Khan, Mr Spock or Captain Kirk. There's Klingons on the starboard bow, starboard bow................:help: I think I need a lie down

Yes, of course it is.

Insulting any ideology is ok, be it communism, capitalism, christianity, modern art, whatever. Islam is not special.

This site needs a "like" button. :)

No sacred cows when it comes to ideology. And I'm not having a pop at the Hindus when I say that, before anyone accuses me of that.

Look mate, anyone who believes in a mythical sky pixie, be it God, Allah, Jehovah, Buddha or whoever, shouldn't be surprised when folks extract the urine out of them. You have your delusions, that's fine, I'm glad they make you happy - just don't expect me not to find them funny, OK?

Now, on the other hand, Jedi believers and my next door neighbour, who tells me he's got fairies that live at the bottom of his garden...

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Allah and Jehovah are the same God.

Buddha was not a God, he was a man.

If you're intent on ridiculing people at least get your facts right or it backfires somewhat.

Allah and Jehovah are the same God.

Buddha was not a God, he was a man.

If you're intent on ridiculing people at least get your facts right or it backfires somewhat.

You may not believe in Buddha as a 'sky pixie' however there are literally millions of Buddhists out there who do ascribe divine attributes to him and believe in various other beings that more rational folk would be perfectly happy to describe as 'sky pixies'. So criticising mikebatty as if he's talking to you specifically and your westernised version of buddhism is disingenuous.

And Allah is quite clearly a rip off of Jehovah, just like god, they are all branches of the same treee.

And Allah is quite clearly a rip off of Jehovah, just like god, they are all branches of the same treee.

the tree is diseased and crumbling, but the preservation order on it means we can't uproot it and burn it

You may not believe in Buddha as a 'sky pixie' however there are literally millions of Buddhists out there who do ascribe divine attributes to him. So criticising mikebatty as if he's talking to you specifically and your westernised version of buddhism is disingenuous.

I don't follow a westernized view of Buddhism. Had you read my earlier response to lockjaw you'd know that, I accept there are difficulties within Buddhism that can't be glossed over.

However nowhere in the Pali canon are divine attributes placed on Buddha, supernatural yes, but it was thought at the time anyone could achieve such attributes. I have made no attempt to disguise that I find some aspects of Buddhism difficult.

But Buddha nowhere in the scriptures is linked with being divine.

Archived