Worst Places on Earth

Croydon.

What Croydon needs is a thriving business in atmospheric nuclear testing.

Portsmouth is a close second.

Las Vegas always seems like a total horror story, but I've never been there so I can't susbtantiate my prejudices.

Wasn't that an ancient custom called Prima Nocta?

If you're referring to 'droit de seigneur' then this is completely different.

Look it up- the DRC is considered to be one of the most dangerous places on earth to be a woman, one of the least safe places to have children (65% of the reported victims are under 16 and over 10% under 10 years of age) and also has one of the lowest standards of living on earth too.

This is nothing like as romantic as raping a woman on her marriage night, which is what droit de seigneur was all about. This is causing injuries serious enough that victims are losing their lives and of those that survive a fair few of them do so after having their hands removed with a machete.

Croydon.

What Croydon needs is a thriving business in atmospheric nuclear testing.

Portsmouth is a close second.

Las Vegas always seems like a total horror story, but I've never been there so I can't susbtantiate my prejudices.

IMO, you're not far off about Las Vegas. I have family members who love it, but I never understood the allure. The lights give me a headache and I hate crowds. Plus, it leads the nation in home foreclosures.

Papua New Guinea. Apparently they still have problems with cannibalism, sorcerers and witches. Sweet Jesus.

If you're referring to 'droit de seigneur' then this is completely different.

Look it up- the DRC is considered to be one of the most dangerous places on earth to be a woman, one of the least safe places to have children (65% of the reported victims are under 16 and over 10% under 10 years of age) and also has one of the lowest standards of living on earth too.

This is nothing like as romantic as raping a woman on her marriage night, which is what droit de seigneur was all about. This is causing injuries serious enough that victims are losing their lives and of those that survive a fair few of them do so after having their hands removed with a machete.

Good god, so in other words then, if you are born a female in that country you may as well be a voodoo doll :(

---------- Post added 10-05-2013 at 22:45 ----------

IMO, you're not far off about Las Vegas. I have family members who love it, but I never understood the allure. The lights give me a headache and I hate crowds. Plus, it leads the nation in home foreclosures.

Papua New Guinea. Apparently they still have problems with cannibalism, sorcerers and witches. Sweet Jesus.

That must be where Luis Suárez lives then :hihi:

Archived