Worst Places on Earth

I lived in South Africa as a kid my Dad was in the army at the time. Johannesburg takes some beating for being a scary place to visit it was still apartheid then.the smell of the place is something that I will never forget.I think the place has changed since those days but it is still not a nice place to live.

How many have you visited?

Thought so. Nothing like blind prejudice over experience.

You don't need to visit chernobyl for example to know its not a good place to visit. Why can someone not use the same method to make up their minds about other places?

If you're referring to 'droit de seigneur' then this is completely different.

Look it up- the DRC is considered to be one of the most dangerous places on earth to be a woman, one of the least safe places to have children (65% of the reported victims are under 16 and over 10% under 10 years of age) and also has one of the lowest standards of living on earth too.

This is nothing like as romantic as raping a woman on her marriage night, which is what droit de seigneur was all about. This is causing injuries serious enough that victims are losing their lives and of those that survive a fair few of them do so after having their hands removed with a machete.

Women want to steer clear of Pitcairn Island as well.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=103569364

London. I visit it regular. It's a dump! Not a patch on New York, Tokyo, Berlin, Amsterdam etc.

---------- Post added 11-05-2013 at 11:27 ----------

You don't need to visit chernobyl for example to know its not a good place to visit. Why can someone not use the same method to make up their minds about other places?

Wex.....you're analogies are the worst I've ever read!

Chernobyl is a nuclear waste land! You might as well use the Sun as an example! Ha Ha!

London. I visit it regular. It's a dump! Not a patch on New York, Tokyo, Berlin, Amsterdam etc.

Chernobyl is a nuclear waste land! You might as well use the Sun as an example! Ha Ha!

That was a simile :P But the meaning is the same. I have neither visited Somalia or Chernobyl, but I do not need to visit them to know they are not nice places to visit.

SevenRivers's comments is very true. Just do a google search for the worst places to live and between 6-8 out of the top 10 will be Islamic countries.

Not a patch on New York with regards to what, it being a much bigger dump. New York is filthy, I couldnt wait to see the back of it when I was there.

---------- Post added 11-05-2013 at 13:00 ----------

Leeds?????

You sound like an infant:rolleyes:

Not a patch on New York with regards to what, it being a much bigger dump. New York is filthy, I couldnt wait to see the back of it when I was there.

---------- Post added 11-05-2013 at 13:00 ----------

You sound like an infant:rolleyes:

You sound like a probable simpleton.:cool:

Archived