Are UKIP racist homophobes?

Are UKIP racist homophobes?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Are UKIP racist homophobes?

• UKIP are racist.
    • UKIP are homophobes.
    • UKIP ae racist homophobes.
    • UKIP are neither racist nor homophobes.
    • UKIP are racist but I don't know if they are homophobes.
    • UKIP aren't racist but I don't know if they are homophobes.
    • Don't know.
    • Anarchism.

Gay marriage [...] certainly this "bigotry" is supported by the majority of the UK population including many gay people.

The majority of the UK population? Care to back that statement up?

UKIP are making a play for the disafected Tory vote, so they're happy to oppose gay marriage. It's still an utterly unreasonable position to take, especially from the 'small state' mind set that doesn't like government in their lives, but is happy to deny that to other people.

UKIP are making a play for the disafected Tory vote, so they're happy to oppose gay marriage. It's still an utterly unreasonable position to take, especially from the 'small state' mind set that doesn't like government in their lives, but is happy to deny that to other people.

Ugov ICM and the Independent. All published within the last month.

---------- Post added 12-05-2013 at 10:04 ----------

I dont think the position is a political one, I think gay marraige is objected to on a more fundamental level. Marraige is a state designed to procreate and bring up children. Therefore gay marraige is seen to fundamentally undermine the commitment str8 people have made for centuries.

I've just had a look and the YouGov poll shows 55% of people are in favour of changing the law to allow same sex marriage.

So it's quite clear that your claim is false.

---------- Post added 12-05-2013 at 10:04 ----------

I dont think the position is a political one, I think gay marraige is objected to on a more fundamental level. Marraige is a state designed to procreate and bring up children. Therefore gay marraige is seen to fundamentally undermine the commitment str8 people have made for centuries.

Are heterosexual couples who don't or can't have children also seen to fundamentally undermine the commitment str8 people have made for centuries?

Are heterosexual couples who don't or can't have children also seen to fundamentally undermine the commitment str8 people have made for centuries?

No, the Muslims have a beautiful expression thats applies to barren women, "she who cannot be a mother of one can be a mother to hundreds".

I believe that allowing gay people to "marry" insults and undermines str8 people who have made a serious commitment.

Gay relationships are statistically shorter and therefore less stable.

I have no doubt that many gay relationships are stable and I have no objections whatsoever to, for instance gay couples adopting children.

The civil partnership is sufficient.

---------- Post added 12-05-2013 at 16:28 ----------

I've just had a look and the YouGov poll shows 55% of people are in favour of changing the law to allow same sex marriage.

No it doesnt, stop making things up to justify your non arguement. There is really little point in trying engage in serious interchange with persons with closed minds.

No, the Muslims have a beautiful expression thats applies to barren women, "she who cannot be a mother of one can be a mother to hundreds".

So you are quite happy to to allow straight couples who cannot or choose not to have children to marry. Therefore, procreation is not essential to marriage.

I believe that allowing gay people to "marry" insults and undermines str8 people who have made a serious commitment.

Why?

Gay relationships are statistically shorter and therefore less stable.

Perhaps you could provide evidence to back this up.

I have no doubt that many gay relationships are stable and I have no objections whatsoever to, for instance gay couples adopting children.

How civilised of you.

The civil partnership is sufficient.

Not for gay people who want to get married and have that union blessed before their god.

No it doesnt, stop making things up to justify your non arguement. There is really little point in trying engage in serious interchange with persons with closed minds.

The one I read does.

As for the intrinsic merits of the issue, most people back a change in the law to allow same-sex couples to marry. YouGov’s latest poll for the Sunday Times finds that 55% support reform, while 36% oppose it.

Not only is opposition to reform a minority view; it’s also an issue that commands the passions of only a tiny number.

http://yougov.co.uk/news/2013/02/04/how-gay-marriage-row-threatens-tories/

Perhaps you could link to the stats you are citing so they can be analysed properly.

the problem with yougov is that their perception of a poll involves less people than a mori poll. that said, their claim of 55 percent is questionable.

Archived