Are UKIP racist homophobes?

Are UKIP racist homophobes?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Are UKIP racist homophobes?

• UKIP are racist.
    • UKIP are homophobes.
    • UKIP ae racist homophobes.
    • UKIP are neither racist nor homophobes.
    • UKIP are racist but I don't know if they are homophobes.
    • UKIP aren't racist but I don't know if they are homophobes.
    • Don't know.
    • Anarchism.

"However in a YouGov survey this week, where potential 2015 UKIP voters were asked to mark up to 3 issues as their top reasons for supporting UKIP, only 12% of those surveyed marked opposition to gay marriage as a reason."

http://jaekaygoesforth.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/tories-are-just-looking-for-excuse-to.html

Interesting, that is good to know. Perhaps UKIP should drop it then.

From the link - The equal marriage bill is something that will benefit few people but, when asked, a majority support the legalisation of same-sex marriage.

Interesting, that is good to know. Perhaps UKIP should drop it then.

From the link - The equal marriage bill is something that will benefit few people but, when asked, a majority support the legalisation of same-sex marriage.

Perhaps just low on the agenda.

Bigoty, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder, why is it bigotry to expect people coming to live in the UK to undertake health checks? TB is one of a number of diseases that is being spread in the UK as a result of immigrants bringing it in with them.

If it is UKIP policy to be against Gay "marraige" then clearly the youth chairman has to go if he refuses to support it. Certainly this "bigotry" is supported by the majority of the UK population including many gay people.

Why do people of the left accuse only the right of centre parties of bigotry? The lefts intolerance of people who wish to do the right thing and get on, who run thier own businesses, scrimp and save to send thier kids to good schools, dont claim benefits and are proud of being British seems just as bigoted to me.

Why must he go? Are UKIP not a 'broad church' (i.e. able to tolerate differences) like other parties?

---------- Post added 12-05-2013 at 21:41 ----------

UKIP are gaining votes because a lot of people are fed up with the main three political parties, who have all pussy footed and skirted around the issue of immigration until very recently ..... British politics needs a kick up the backside and the likes of UKIP might provide it !

You like the word bigoted, but there is none so bigoted as those who call everyone who does not share their views bigoted :suspect:

I'm sure there are left wing bigots as there are right wing ones, don't be so touchy! Should we tolerate the intolerant?

Oh yes it does.

Oh no it doesn't.

---------- Post added 13-05-2013 at 12:38 ----------

Why must he go? Are UKIP not a 'broad church' (i.e. able to tolerate differences) like other parties?

---------- Post added 12-05-2013 at 21:41 ----------

I'm sure there are left wing bigots as there are right wing ones, don't be so touchy! Should we tolerate the intolerant?

Of course he has to go, its his parties policy, if he doesn't support it he should join another one.

---------- Post added 13-05-2013 at 12:40 ----------

the problem with yougov is that their perception of a poll involves less people than a mori poll. that said, their claim of 55 percent is questionable.

Highly questionable, the one after that shows a majority in favour of maintaining the status quo.

Of course he has to go, its his parties policy, if he doesn't support it he should join another one.

UKIP boast that they don't have a whip, and thus nobody to push their party line.

What if other people don't agree on other subjects? They'd all have to leave?

Oh no it doesn't.

Highly questionable, the one after that shows a majority in favour of maintaining the status quo.

Why haven't you posted any evidence to substantiate your assertion that the majority of the UK population are opposed to same-sex marriage?

Oh no it doesn't.

If UKIP can't tolerate minor differences of opinion of their members, it doesn't bode well for the rest of the country then!

Archived