New Champs to open in Hillsborough.

Another pub=more trouble.

Too right. Have these people got any idea what they are letting themselves in for?! I live in Hillsborough, we only go to "select" local pubs during the week as they are so awful at the weekend. The Yew Tree could be a nice pub if it went real ale and got rid of the "wife beater" aficionados that cause the bother, but turning it into a sports bar probably would just cause more noise and bother locally.

I don't understand why this thread has been moved when it was merely a discussion about the possibility of a new business establishing itself in Hillsborough, not about a current 'going out' venue.

The article is misleading as it states that brewkitchen 'moved' the venue. They didn't, they sold the name and trading rights. They no longer have anything to do with it.

This entire paragraph is wrong...In August last year, Champs was taken over by the Sheffield based “BrewKitchen” group, who went on to move the Champs to a new location, further down Ecclesall road. Since the renovation and move, the popularity of Champs has soared, resulting in it being one of the busiest bars in that area.

Its 'Success' is also questioned, quiet mid week, OK for football, it basically competes with the Nursery Tavern, as far as I know it is still held on a Punch Lease.

Tripadvisor has a few fairly terrible reviews,

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186364-d953735-Reviews-Champs_Sports_Bar_Restaurant-Sheffield_South_Yorkshire_England.html

All in all the strangest article I have read today!

Archived