New Champs to open in Hillsborough.

I hear rumours of real ale being served in the upstairs of the Riverside Cafe some weekends.

Whetherspoons isnt a real ale place - they might serve it, but its not good enough.

I want dogs under tables, papers to read, chess perhaps, cheese boards, olives.

I want the Blake to be knocked down and rebuilt opposite Hillsborough Park

I hear rumours of real ale being served in the upstairs of the Riverside Cafe some weekends.

Whetherspoons isnt a real ale place - they might serve it, but its not good enough.

Alternately you could move to Blake St!

Riverside Cafe does indeed now have an upstairs real ale bar open at weekends and I've heard good reports, not yet been myself though.

Is it open every weekend do you know?

I like the sound of an underground drinking den, just a small nod at the woman behind the counter as you turn and walk upstairs.

I believe so. Check out their Facebook page (I can't at work - internet filter and all that...) http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=riverside%20cafe%20bar%20hillsborough%20sheffield&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&ved=0CDkQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fpages%2FThe-Riverside-Cafe-Bar-Terrace%2F161153003942655&ei=7v-UUaiGLYer7Aae14CoBw&usg=AFQjCNFn_AcgnOWrFl0ZJ8VlD6BA2eNAQw

• 4 months later...
Champs used to be the best place for cocktails in Sheffield, not sure it still is...

This will be great news for the economic life of Hillsborough. The area will really take off when there are hoards of Bentleys and Lambrinis parked up outside it stimulating spending from the well-heeled people in an economically deprived area ...

• 3 months later...

Archived