Best daily/sunday newspaper

why? that won't prove that the Dm is the 'Best' paper, being the best selling of a poor and poorer selling bunch doesn't either nor does selling out at a village newsagent.

In fact the daily mail and Stocksbridge is a bit like bangers and mash.

If you mean down to earth honest working class people who don't take kindly to toffee nosed gardian reading clowns full of their own self importance.Yes you are right.

Forgot all about the -ankers weekly.

---------- Post added 11-05-2013 at 19:52 ----------

Never has anything be more untrue than that statement in fact it may be called liable.I will forward it to the mails news room.

Are you for real? Reporting another poster to a newspaper? This sort of thing has happened a few times on here and it makes me cringe every time.

Why not just debate the points made?

---------- Post added 12-05-2013 at 13:14 ----------

Call in at a stocksbridge news agent and check with the manager the mail is the second best seller after the sun nationally.I would imagine the guardian and observer are the poorest sellers.

What does that say about Stocksbridge?

Forgot all about the -ankers weekly.

---------- Post added 11-05-2013 at 19:52 ----------

Never has anything be more untrue than that statement in fact it may be called liable.I will forward it to the mails news room.

Liable for printing garbage do you mean!:hihi:

in my single days i used to buy the times on saturday and spend a happy couple of hours in the pub reading through it

on sunday i'd buy the sunday times which would take me most of the week to work through

nowadays i don't have the free time but i still buy the times on saturday - it just doesn't always get read

i subscribe to the times online and browse every now and then but i prefer the feel of paper in my hands

i used to buy the mail about 30 years ago as a teenager - not sure if it changed or i did, but i couldn't get on with the attention seeking columnists - then changed to the independent when it launched in the mid 80's but fell out with it's reporting on the iraq war and changed to the times about 10 years ago

The Daily Mail of course, what other newspaper would provide such interesting detailed information about the fashion choices of all those "amazing role model celebrities" attending the Bafta awards ceremony.

Archived