Rotherham council treatment of a gay man

Hi all on SF i need your help a friend of mine is having serious issues with Rotherham Council, they have some information on their system that is wrong and he has provided proof to them that this is wrong. The type of information held is basically around him being gay and is now having serious effect on his life. Rotherham council have started to investigate the matter but because he is on at them every singke day to resolve it they have basically said they will not take the complaint any further......Two senior staff have basically treated him badly because he is GAY i cannot mention their names for obvious reasons but its fair to say they hold senior roles within the council. He has tried to be fair and right with the council given them several weeks to respond and when a partial response came weeks after promised his complaint has still not been resolved to his satisfaction. ithout going in to all the main details these issues are only here because he is GAY and none other.. Surely someone like Rotherham council would not treat anyone like this but they have and they are getting away with it because of the position they hold... My friend needs advice on where to go next and how to handle the homophobic actions of RMBC

Thank you

Far from it to be honest all the issues are only because he is gay and i thought this forum was to help people not to act like idiots the whole of his issues are because hes gay and without been funny if he was Black or asian and having issue he has a right to have them resolved and not stupid comments like yours and for your information people dont as you say play the gay or race card its their rights just liek it is yours if you have an issue

I work with a gay chap, perhaps there is a small element of not liking him because he is gay, but he is not liked because he is grumpy and unhelpfull.

Unions are always active within councils, talk to the unions.

Sadly this sounds about right for RMBC, they think they are above the law, and act more like dictators than public servants. Your friend should try to forget about whatever issue they have and get on with their life because dealing with RMBC is a waste of time and energy, their complaints procedure is a joke and will resolve nothing.

its all about him being GAY thats the problem nothing to do with the gay card or as you say race card if people are gay, straight, black or white they have the right to get their issue sorted out It just happens that this issue is purely the fact he is GAY you need to realise that Gays or as you put in your post the blacks have rights too and if their issue is about their sexuality or their race then they have the right to use that in their complaint. people do not use the fact their GAY or black for no reason if your treated unfairly because your GAY then people should be made aware....it is actually a criminal offence to treat people different and your comments might be found hurtful to some people SF is here for people to help others.

its all about him being GAY thats the problem nothing to do with the gay card or as you say race card if people are gay, straight, black or white they have the right to get their issue sorted out It just happens that this issue is purely the fact he is GAY you need to realise that Gays or as you put in your post the blacks have rights too and if their issue is about their sexuality or their race then they have the right to use that in their complaint. people do not use the fact their GAY or black for no reason if your treated unfairly because your GAY then people should be made aware....it is actually a criminal offence to treat people different and your comments might be found hurtful to some people SF is here for people to help others.
At the top of this page it says 'for everything Sheffield'

What is it you're actually looking for here? Is this just a space to rant in?

Archived