Neighbours fence

my neighbours fence is in very poor condition the posts are loose and there are nails sicking through onto my side.now the weather is picking up a bit my kids are wanting to play in the garden however i am fearefull that they may sustain injuries from the rusty old fixings.I have spoke to my neighbour and she explained to me that she doesn't have the money to repair it(it needs a total new fence)and that her house now belongs to yorkshire housing.I have told her that she needs to copntact her landlord as i don't want to take legal action against anyone if my children sustain any injuries as a result of collision with any of the rusty fixings but she doesn't seem too bothered..

any advice much appreciated

It sounds like your neighbour has got the fence the wrong way round. The 'nice' side should be facing out from the property not in.

what she can't afford to borrow a hammer and knock out the nails and repair it...?:loopy::loopy::loopy:

From your first post

my neighbours fence is in very poor condition the posts are loose and there are nails sicking through onto my side.now the weather is picking up a bit my kids are wanting to play in the garden however i am fearefull that they may sustain injuries from the rusty old fixings.I have spoke to my neighbour and she explained to me that she doesn't have the money to repair it(it needs a total new fence)and that her house now belongs to yorkshire housing.I have told her that she needs to copntact her landlord as i don't want to take legal action against anyone if my children sustain any injuries as a result of collision with any of the rusty fixings but she doesn't seem too bothered..

any advice much appreciated

that's correct as the fence posts are towards myside of the boundry...lol

so it sounds like it is YOUR responsibility then and you are merely trying to get oiut of it by blaming someone else.

As others have said, if it is bothering you so much fix it yourself, be HELPFUL instead of being a barrack room lawyer and ending up being a complete pain

---------- Post added 12-05-2013 at 20:46 ----------

Why bother when InjuryLawyers4U are so helpful?:D

Its not ambulance chasing now, its fence chasing :)

Archived