Neighbours fence

That would be wrong then as the posts should be on their side and the nails shouldn't be protruding onto your side either.

Dont start confusing it by bringing sense into it!!!

---------- Post added 13-05-2013 at 10:18 ----------

my neighbours fence is in very poor condition the posts are loose and there are nails sicking through onto my side.now the weather is picking up a bit my kids are wanting to play in the garden however i am fearefull that they may sustain injuries from the rusty old fixings.I have spoke to my neighbour and she explained to me that she doesn't have the money to repair it(it needs a total new fence)and that her house now belongs to yorkshire housing.I have told her that she needs to copntact her landlord as i don't want to take legal action against anyone if my children sustain any injuries as a result of collision with any of the rusty fixings but she doesn't seem too bothered..

any advice much appreciated

How about posting some pics so we can all see what, if anything, is the problem?

she probably has no requirement to actually have a fence at all, and therefore she can remove it, leave it, replace it with a single length of wire, broken pallets, pretty much anything she likes.

Indeed. I've seen a few houses with nothing more that a 3ft high chain link fence. She could replace it with some lovely leylandis!!!

Indeed. I've seen a few houses with nothing more that a 3ft high chain link fence. She could replace it with some lovely leylandis!!!

its amusing that people think they can tell their neighbours what to do, and what they should do in their own gardens, you get people telling neighbours what colour to paint the windows, telling them to cut their bushes, cut their grass etc, and 999 times out of 1000, its none of their business

why should i...?waste my time...why doesn't SHE do it..?:P:P:P:P

Perhaps you and her could just take the fence down if you are worried your children may get hurt?

---------- Post added 15-05-2013 at 07:58 ----------

Imagine how you would feel if ( God forbid) one of your kiddies does hurt themselves on the fence?

How would that make you feel knowing you could have done something but didn't.

As this.

The problem seems to be on the OPs side - why then they won't just fix it - and remove the risk of her kiddies getting hurt - is beyond me.

---------- Post added 15-05-2013 at 08:00 ----------

We have the same problem with our neighbors they're getting on a bit, the way we solve/resolve the issues is, I take care of any repairs and paint the fence etc including their shed, powerwash their patio and relay the odd slab for them, its on account I'm in a better position/situation to do the job than they are and is done with a good heart.

Given the time you've spent bitching on here/searching bylaws etc, you probably could have done the job twice over and felt good about getting it done rather than picking at the negatives.

So win win for everyone (without lawyers too :) )

Archived