Washing machine help needed again!

Oh bugger! How stupid am I? Ive just realised in the last load I washed I saw a dice and a jumping bean thingy that my son left in his pockets...when the cycle had finished I took the dice out but the jumping bean wasn't there! Bet it's stuck somewhere ooops!

My washing machine isnt spinning round...everythin else works fine I think! Do I need a new belt??

sounds like the bushers,should be an easy fix for someone who can use a screwdriver,you have to turn the washer on its side to get to the motor,

bushers are the 2 (usualy) black box things that are on the side of the motor.

these are around £10 for the pair depending what make.

If someone has paid £130 to have these changed,they have been ripped off,

its a 10-15 min job for an inexperienced fix:thumbsup:

Oh bugger! How stupid am I? Ive just realised in the last load I washed I saw a dice and a jumping bean thingy that my son left in his pockets...when the cycle had finished I took the dice out but the jumping bean wasn't there! Bet it's stuck somewhere ooops!

I had the same thing with my old machine but it was a sock wedging the drum and stopping it from turning! I got in through the rubber seals and managed to remove it, it was ripped to shreds. It must have knackered it though as a few days later I kept finding what appeared to be bits of melted plastic in the washing,which I was told were the drum bearings, and had to buy a new machine x

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

I had the same thing with my old machine but it was a sock wedging the drum and stopping it from turning! I got in through the rubber seals and managed to remove it, it was ripped to shreds. It must have knackered it though as a few days later I kept finding what appeared to be bits of melted plastic in the washing,which I was told were the drum bearings, and had to buy a new machine x

Bits of drum bearing can't get into the washing:suspect:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leah-Lacie

Bits of drum bearing can't get into the washing

Well I don't know what it was, bits of hard plastic that had been broken and melted by the look of it, all over the clothes, and a loud crunching noise when I tried to turn the drum. Mine was really old though and needed replacing anyway!

Archived