Buying a car with no tax, can you drive home?

If it's still insured and MOT'd then why not? Genuine question..

why does it take all day :huh: if the car is still insured by the owner he could tax it for them there and then as long as the buyer pays them for doing so

a) The OP hasn't even agreed to buy it yet, so why would the seller tax the car?

b) According to the OP if she agrees to buy the car the Post Office will be closed.

a) The OP hasn't even agreed to buy it yet, so why would the seller tax the car?

b) According to the OP if she agrees to buy the car the Post Office will be closed.

The seller could tax it when the sale is agreed (at the buyer's cost of course).. could do it online..no need for the PO..

The seller could tax it when the sale is agreed (at the buyer's cost of course).. could do it online..no need for the PO..

What if they don't have a PC......?...;)

That's probably the best idea actually, apart from not having a physical tax disc.

What if they don't have a PC......?...;)

That's probably the best idea actually, apart from not having a physical tax disc.

what if they don't have fingers, don't put obstacles in front bad enough as it is.

You do know what a wink at the end of a sentance usually means, don't you?

what if they don't have fingers, don't put obstacles in front bad enough as it is.;)

rectified, thank you

Ok thanks all, seller has a PC i presume since the car is advertised online from a small dealer.

only prob is relying on them to send over the tax disc, is there any way they could cash it in or anything after and stitch me up? Friend bought a car with tax some time ago and found out months later that she'd been driving illegally and seller has cashed it in! presume if its on my credit card there will be a little more security though (i hope!)

Archived