IDS £39 Breakfast expenses rejected

breakfast is a meal and shouldnt be on expenses,your wages are what you should live on not expenses

You have obviously not travelled widely as part of your employment.

Claiming of food costs whilst away from home/usual place of work is very much the norm.

The article mentions that it was his office that submitted the claim, not him directly. Do you have any evidence he was personally involved?

If it was his office, who do you think they were putting it in for?

If it was his office, who do you think they were putting it in for?

I have people who deal with my receipts. I'm not an MP. MPs would get nothing done if they had to handle their receipts and other mundane tasks themselves.

Next you'll be crying he doesn't even open his own mail.

I believe it's breakfast and an evening meal you are allowed to claim for. Basically, meals you would normally have at home. At least, that is my understanding.

I can claim for all my meals when I am working away from home (ie staying overnight in a hotel etc)

I believe it's breakfast and an evening meal you are allowed to claim for. Basically, meals you would normally have at home. At least, that is my understanding.

It depends on the business in question. I expect all my meals, travel and accomodation paid for whilst I am away-I also expect the odd coffee unless its provided during whatever the event is. Otherwise I just wouldn't go! Some people get an allowance per day.

...unless you are talking about mps allowances-in which case I am sure they get more than that.

This £39 quid may have been for more than one person anyway, what if it was coffee and a croissant for 10 people? Pretty reasonable then!

To be honest a rejected £39 claim falls into insignificance when compared to the £31,000 fiddled by Elliot Morley.. or have you all forgotten that..?

No, I most certainly have not allowed Mr Morley or Mr Illsley's behaviour to slip my mind.

As I said , hypocricy, 'sleeze, call it what you will, it is wrong, and we ordinary folk need to be aware of what is happening so that we can make informed decisions about MPs and politics'.

Archived