IDS £39 Breakfast expenses rejected

anyone CAN live on £53 a week if they are unemployed, living on state handouts and are generally sat on their ass doing nothing until they eventually find their next job.

However, why do some people think that someone who works hard for a living in a high profile responsible job have to live on that exactly?

anyone CAN live on £53 a week if they are unemployed, living on state handouts and are generally sat on their ass doing nothing until they eventually find their next job.

However, why do some people think that someone who works hard for a living in a high profile responsible job have to live on that exactly?

Perhaps because most lefties are morons?

Because he is an overpaid MP, they are all in it for the money.

Tell me someone who doesn't get out of bed and goes to work for anything other than money?

---------- Post added 14-05-2013 at 08:15 ----------

It's a non-story as long as you are content with sleeze, double standards, corruption and a rapatious, uncaring political class sticking it to ordinary people and then asking us to foot the bill.

So, what you are saying is:

Man stays in hotel on business, has hotel breakfast, puts in receipt

EQUALS

Sleeze, double standards, corruption and a rapatious, uncaring political class sticking it to ordinary people and then asking us to foot the bill.

How very bitter and paranoid of you.

Would you prefer it if he slept in a cardboard box when on business instead?

Tell me someone who doesn't get out of bed and goes to work for anything other than money?

---------- Post added 14-05-2013 at 08:15 ----------

So, what you are saying is:

Man stays in hotel on business, has hotel breakfast, puts in receipt

EQUALS

Sleeze, double standards, corruption and a rapatious, uncaring political class sticking it to ordinary people and then asking us to foot the bill.

How very bitter and paranoid of you.

Would you prefer it if he slept in a cardboard box when on business instead?

As I have pointed out elsewhere on this forum, Mr Duncan Smith and his friends are in the business of shaping a low wage economy, attacking ordinary people who aspire to educational achievement, suggesting for example that graduates should become shelf-stackers - a sneering attitude towards both grtaduates and supermarket staff, closing down opportunity for ordinary school leavers to even aspire to higher education, and attacking the poor and the disabled through the introduction of tax demands for the unemployed and those in social housing deemed to be 'overoccupying', and using ATOS to target the disabled.

There are no jobs - if there was zero unemployment then attacking those who did not find work would be reasonable, but there are two and a half million unemployed and only half a million vacancies in the economy.

Yet, Mr Duncan Smith wishes to live a lifestyle that is symbolically characterised by £39 breakfasts. And to charge that to the taxpayer - that's ordinary people like you and me (rich people and big businesses don't pay tax and the tory led coalition are doing all they can to support their tax avoiding friends).

Double standards, from a person who is in a government actively attacking ordinary people.

As I have pointed out elsewhere on this forum, Mr Duncan Smith and his friends are in the business of shaping a low wage economy, attacking ordinary people who aspire to educational achievement, suggesting for example that graduates should become shelf-stackers - a sneering attitude towards both grtaduates and supermarket staff, closing down opportunity for ordinary school leavers to even aspire to higher education, and attacking the poor and the disabled through the introduction of tax demands for the unemployed and those in social housing deemed to be 'overoccupying', and using ATOS to target the disabled.

There are no jobs - if there was zero unemployment then attacking those who did not find work would be reasonable, but there are two and a half million unemployed and only half a million vacancies in the economy.

Yet, Mr Duncan Smith wishes to live a lifestyle that is symbolically characterised by £39 breakfasts. And to charge that to the taxpayer - that's ordinary people like you and me (rich people and big businesses don't pay tax and the tory led coalition are doing all they can to support their tax avoiding friends).

Double standards, from a person who is in a government actively attacking ordinary people.

If you think he does so many bad works then there is no need to mention such a non-story.

I would never dare claim for a £39 breakfast but I would also never believe such terrible reporting. If they had any idea that he had spent it on an extravagent champagne breakfast for him and his lover they would have included that in the story. It was obviously a reasonable claim.

As far as I remember Elliot Morley didn't claim that he could live on £53 pounds a week, did he unlike Duncan Smith.

IIRC the guy who challenged IDS to live on £53 a week didn't do so himself, despite his claims. That's why the whole stunt died.

And that sums up my point nicely.

It's a non story which you have jumped on to peddle your bitter paranoia.

Nothing you have stated above resembles anything in the real world.

IIRC the guy who challenged IDS to live on £53 a week didn't do so himself, despite his claims. That's why the whole stunt died.

Regardless of whether this man lived on £53.00 a week, the fact is that those jobseekers under 25, do. So this is reality for many.

---------- Post added 14-05-2013 at 09:44 ----------

Nothing you have stated above resembles anything in the real world.

This is the real world.

Regardless of whether this man lived in £53.00 a week, the fact is that those jobseekers under 25, do. So this is reality for many.

---------- Post added 14-05-2013 at 09:44 ----------

This is the real world.

As people living on £53 a week will be exempt from other bills its not the reality actually. It's far more complicated than that.

Archived