IDS £39 Breakfast expenses rejected

I have never had benefits but you are exempt from council tax I believe among other things.

Even if you are working and left with £53.00 a week AFTER tax, you will not be expected to pay rent and council tax.

Tell me someone who doesn't get out of bed and goes to work for anything other than money?

Me. Most nurses. Anyone who does a job that pays less than other jobs they could be doing, but choose to work for less pay because they believe the lower paid job is more worthwhile or useful for the rest of society.

Me. Most nurses. Anyone who does a job that pays less than other jobs they could be doing, but choose to work for less pay because they believe the lower paid job is more worthwhile or useful for the rest of society.

Wouldn't you include an MP, would takes their responsibilities seriously, as someone who gets paid less than other jobs that they could be doing?

Wouldn't you include an MP, would takes their responsibilities seriously, as someone who gets paid less than other jobs that they could be doing?

That depends on the individual in question, doesn't it? Personally I don't think there are that many sincere politicians with a genuine interest in helping society more than they help themselves. I think news/world events over recent years bear that out.

And you'd do it for free would you?

And you'd do it for free would you?

I wouldn't go near politics with a barge pole, as I consider it to be totally corrupt. But I would, and do, work for considerably less than I could get by taking work which I consider to be less socially usefull.

I wouldn't expect MPs to work for free- I would expect them to work for a fair work minus the current dodgy perks.

I wouldn't go near politics with a barge pole, as I consider it to be totally corrupt. But I would, and do, work for considerably less than I could get by taking work which I consider to be less socially usefull.

I wouldn't expect MPs to work for free- I would expect them to work for a fair work minus the current dodgy perks.

I was asking you if you'd do your job (or any job for that matter) for free?

You'll probably try to concoct a way to suggest you would.

But we all know - no one would work religiously 8 hours a day (and all the extras) 5 days a week for 52 weeks a year (less leave) for free.

Archived