Bedroom Tax megathread

hard to believe that such an easy policy isn't working. people who have no money aren't playing ball, and paying their rent, their damned hunger getting in the way, the choice of food or rent, I know which one I'd choose. rent arrears are rising nationally because people can not find the extra money needed to pay. and anyone who says the bedroom tax is not a tax, is road tax not a tax, as no one is making you have a car, tax on cigarettes isn't really a tax, as it your choice

1. VE and Cigarettes are duties. No-one disputes these being a tax. (NB: Road tax hasn't existed since the mid 1930s and quite rightly as you've pointed out, these are items you don't have to have.

2. "Bedroom tax" isn't a tax, it's a benefit recalculation. It's only MORONS that call it a tax whilst sitting on their backsides in designer labels, Facebook open on their smartphones, supping Special brew in front of a nice big flat screen TV with a Sky subscription expecting the state via hardworking individuals to pick up the tab for there lazy, workshy lifestyles.

People need to cut their costs abit more while they find a smaller house.

IIRC we don't have a 'waiting list' here in Sheffield, it's a bidding process so everyone has instant access to every house and you bid on what you want/need.

Also don't we have a 'house swap' system like other places, so maybe people living in a large house they don't need can swap with a growing family who need extra space?

or the could all just sit on their arse and complain about it.

1. VE and Cigarettes are duties. No-one disputes these being a tax. (NB: Road tax hasn't existed since the mid 1930s and quite rightly as you've pointed out, these are items you don't have to have.

2. "Bedroom tax" isn't a tax, it's a benefit recalculation. It's only MORONS that call it a tax whilst sitting on their backsides in designer labels, Facebook open on their smartphones, supping Special brew in front of a nice big flat screen TV with a Sky subscription expecting the state via hardworking individuals to pick up the tab for there lazy, workshy lifestyles.

Glad to see the daily mail, has fed the sterotypical view of the world. My main concern is that their children are being fed. Maybe they have the big screen tv, from buy as you view, which they end up paying three or four times more face value for. If you take more money away from people, they have even less money to go to job interviews. The labour MPS also call it the bedroom tax, it is a tax on the poor, and special brew disgusting I'd rather have champagne (JOKE)

hard to believe that such an easy policy isn't working. people who have no money aren't playing ball, and paying their rent, their damned hunger getting in the way, the choice of food or rent, I know which one I'd choose. rent arrears are rising nationally because people can not find the extra money needed to pay. and anyone who says the bedroom tax is not a tax, is road tax not a tax, as no one is making you have a car, tax on cigarettes isn't really a tax, as it your choice

why not rent out the spare room...will help with the arrears...easy get £50 a week...

People need to cut their costs abit more while they find a smaller house.

IIRC we don't have a 'waiting list' here in Sheffield, it's a bidding process so everyone has instant access to every house and you bid on what you want/need.

Also don't we have a 'house swap' system like other places, so maybe people living in a large house they don't need can swap with a growing family who need extra space?

or the could all just sit on their arse and complain about it.

Find the smaller house, pay for all the decorating, the re-carpeting, moving expenses. Quite easy medoesnthink out of £71 a week. There is no incentive to make people move.

I am a hardworking reasonably comfortable individual and have nothing whatsoever to gain by taking the stance that I take.

I think that the bedroom tax is as evil as the people who thought it up. It is definitely a tax. It was designed to be divisive and set struggling people at each others throats, so as to cloud the real issues. The tory boys always do that. I despise them for it.

You can't sub-let a council property.

Actually they have changed the rules, you can rent out your spare room as long as you don't recieve any-more than £30 a week. I think sub letting means letting your entire house out, but I would get advice from council before renting your room out. Also make sure you receive references.

---------- Post added 08-07-2013 at 17:24 ----------

I am a hardworking reasonably comfortable individual and have nothing whatsoever to gain by taking the stance that I take.

I think that the bedroom tax is as evil as the people who thought it up. It is definitely a tax. It was designed to be divisive and set struggling people at each others throats, so as to cloud the real issues. The tory boys always do that. I despise them for it.

I am glad that someone can see the Tories for what they are. Posh boys who look after themselves and think everyone else can wait at the bottom, holding their hands out for their crumbs.

Archived