Bedroom Tax megathread

I just thought I would supply some very important findings into this debate. The attached is a link to research done by the National Housing federation and the results are disturbing.

How anyone can justify a policy the pushes the brunt of the burden on the disabled is beyond me.

Still the rich will get their tax cuts again next month.

http://www.housing.org.uk/media/press-releases/new-report-reveals-impact-of-bedroom-tax-100-days-on

glad to see a troll. hello troll, goodbye troll

Not really. Just someone happy to see the gravy train for shirkers, losers and leaches grinding to a halt.

Welfare is for people who cannot work or who lose work. We can't make it better for these people when we have people using it as a career.

---------- Post added 08-07-2013 at 20:07 ----------

I just thought I would supply some very important findings into this debate. The attached is a link to research done by the National Housing federation and the results are disturbing.

How anyone can justify a policy the pushes the brunt of the burden on the disabled is beyond me.

http://www.housing.org.uk/media/press-releases/new-report-reveals-impact-of-bedroom-tax-100-days-on

People who are unable to work should be exempt or given a 1 bedroom leeway.

Not really. Just someone happy to see the gravy train for shirkers, losers and leaches grinding to a halt.

Welfare is for people who cannot work or who lose work. We can't make it better for these people when we have people using it as a career.

But these are the people it affects as much as anybody.

You added this at the same time i posted my reply.:)

The bedroom tax should start at the top. All people who have spare bedrooms should be made to take in lodgers. I would suggest that we start with the Queen. She is the biggest sponger of all.

Fill all her spare bedrooms in all her residences with homeless people. That would show that the wealthy are prepared to make sacrifices too.;)

at the end of the day, only the tories would have given the rich boys a 5% tax cut.

Care to remind us what the highest rate of income tax was for the 13 years of the last Labour government?

And what the starting point for income tax was during the 13 years of the last Labour government?

Amazing that you criticise someone about the paper they read for feeding lies, when you don't seem to understand truths yourself.

The majority of the physical and mentally disabled still do get a darn good deal from benefits though.

This is a typical breakdown of the average claimant

DLA

£21 Lower rate (Care Component)

£53 Middle rate (Mobility Component)

Income Support

£71.70

ESA

£71.70

Total

£217.40

Along with the majority of their HB and CT paid.

They would have to be earning 20,000 per annum to get this amount of money per week.

Its making unemployment tough. Hopefully over a period of years it will stop people from selfishly having kids that they can't afford to raise.

Wouldn't it be better to do that by limiting child benefit to just 2 or 3 children?

Archived