Bedroom Tax megathread

Hi it's Stupid here, only an idiot would allow the tories to get away with what they do. Don't the rich get more in wages and profit now than they did then. The poor get poorer, and rich get richer!

If it's all the Tories' doing then how come the earnings gap grew at a high rate during the Labour government's time in office? Genuine question....

I haven't insulted you though. Do you only respond to insulting posts?

You've dodged both my posts. Is there any reason?

I thought I'd answered it in my previous post, saying people get more money isn't always true. On paper it is, but in reality with the rising cost of everything, the money people are left with is a lot less. And fair comment you haven't insulted me. Also a lot of rich people have clever accountants to make sure they pay as little tax as possible. In fairness this has always happened, and it is always wrong.

I thought I'd answered it in my previous post, saying people get more money isn't always true. On paper it is, but in reality with the rising cost of everything, the money people are left with is a lot less. And fair comment you haven't insulted me. Also a lot of rich people have clever accountants to make sure they pay as little tax as possible. In fairness this has always happened, and it is always wrong.

That wasn't answering the points I made.

Nice bit of dodging there. I expected as much.

---------- Post added 10-07-2013 at 00:46 ----------

Since you mentioned income tax, look at the figures.

Labour

2009 Income £10k - take home £8,823

2009 Income £100k - take home £65,308

2009 Income £200k - take home £124,308

Coalition

Today Income £10k - take home £9,617

Today Income £100k - take home £64,963

Today Income £200k - take home £116,687

Run the bold by me again sheff1johnny?

Well the Telegraph seems to agree with what he's posted.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/jobs/9657120/FTSE-100-directors-enjoy-27pc-pay-rises.html

This, titantic, was sheff1jonny's original claim...

at the end of the day, only the tories would have given the rich boys a 5% tax cut.

And this backs up what he's said?

:roll:

Or do you mean backs up what he started to move the goalposts to, upon realising he was wrong?

here...

The price of living has gone up, bills are higher, bus fares or petrol are higher, food is higher, so maybe a tax cut is no real cut at all. The ordianary person is worse off.

-

Yeah I can see why a random link to bankers backs up this part of the new claim.

This, titantic, was sheff1jonny's original claim...

And this backs up what he's said?

:roll:

Or do you mean backs up what he started to move the goalposts to, upon realising he was wrong?

here...

-

Yeah I can see why a random link to bankers backs up this part of the new claim.

The bit highlighted was reference to the rich getting richer, while the poor get poorer.

I merely provided the link to show evidence of what he/she is saying as being correct on the former point.

Irrespective of peoples political preference, if you can't see this as being the case then you shouldn't really be contributing to the discussion.

Just out of interest, is there a link to those tax figures ?

Am not disputing, just can't work it out and am curious to see how it's calculated.

Thanks.

Here or here (for earlier dates, and a bit more detail)

-

The bit highlighted was reference to the rich getting richer, while the poor get poorer.

It doesn't show anything about the poor, it's just a random link showing a few people at the top of rich business making a killing. Hardly representative of anything we were talking about.

It's just drifting tactics used when people post nonsense. I don't know why you've picked up on it, unless you can argue against the claim of 'at the end of the day, only the tories would have given the rich boys a 5% tax cut.'

Irrespective of peoples political preference, if you can't see this as being the case then you shouldn't really be contributing to the discussion.

If you can't see false claims in an argument then perhaps you shouldn't be contributing to the discussion?

Archived