Vodafone and mobile insurance

I went into my local Vodafone store at the weekend to see when I am due an upgrade on my phone. The advisor looked into my current contract to find out if I can and what I was paying so much for my current phone etc, and I discovered that I have been paying insurance that I never even asked for or agreed to. I upgraded my current phone two years ago via a call from Vodafone and was sent my phone through a courier. I never received anything in writing, ie a contract or an insurance policy. I contacted Vodafone this morning via an online conversation and asked them to explain why I've been paying insurance which I never asked for and they just fobbed me off by saying I should have brought this to their attention within the first month of my contract, but if I didn't ask for this how could I? I asked them for proof of a policy, the date when it was taken out and a policy number but they just ignored my demands, so instead gave me a phone number for an insurance company called Lifestyle Services which is constantly engaged and when I try to access their web site it takes me straight to the Vodafone web site Insurance onbudsman and cancelling my direct debit was mentioned too which they took offence to, so if I don't have a written contract surely I can cancel and go to another provider? Has anyone else had problems with Vodafone?

Archived