Pakistan to launch drones over the US..

you are what you say you cannot stand.

It is okay to kill as some were killed

we will show them killing is wrong by killing them.

I'll bet you think your the only civilized one in all of this don't you

So after 911, just turn the other cheek ?

Yes and no. It's a very complex situation.

I certainly do not believe in turning the other cheek; neither do I believe in ignoring all the factors which lead other people (groups or nations) to position where they feel quite justified in attacking us.

If I've got a beef with your next-door neighbour however; and I happen to have a tank or missiles I can fire from a drone. I'm not going to take him out if there is a good chance that doing so will kill you and your family.

---------- Post added 14-05-2013 at 13:32 ----------

The simplistic world view some have is a sad reflection of the stuff lacking between the flappy things attached to the side of their head.

I could agree with you more.

Yes and no. It's a very complex situation.

I certainly do not believe in turning the other cheek; neither do I believe in ignoring all the factors which lead other people (groups or nations) to position where they feel quite justified in attacking us.

If I've got a beef with your next-door neighbour however; and I happen to have a tank or missiles I can fire from a drone. I'm not going to take him out if there is a good chance that doing so will kill you and your family.

So if terrorists decide to stay within villages and surround themselves with women and children rather than all stay together in one camp (without women and children) they can organise terrorist attrocities (against their own people amongst other things) with pretty much no comeback. They live in a mountainous, lawless area. If there is a better way to deal with people, please let the US state department and Pakistan security forces know. They'd love to hear them.

Complicated ? Just a bit.

That is not even coherent English!

If you wan't to take the higher moral ground, which in your case is held under the guise that retaliation for 9-11 justifies 'innocent bystanders' being killed. You should really try not to appear as intent upon murder as those who you oppose doing the exact same thing with the exact same deluded justifications.

They'd love to hear them.

Nope. They wouldn't...

Because it would involve an awareness and acceptance of their own culpability, how they've contributed to creating (no matter how small that contribution may be) an environment where human beings feel justified in committing terrorist acts.

I think it's probably quite simplistic to think that human beings suddenly wake up and decide to become 'terrorists' for no reason. Why are 'they' attacking 'us'? Are there elements within our society who stand to profit though conflict (and who cares if a few fellow civilians are killed in the comeback)?

Just saying, maybe it's a good idea to understand the wider context..

Complicated ? Just a bit.

Yes. Very.

Archived