Longley Junior and Infants school

Well gluedtopc how nice it is to hear from you. i have been out of the country for the past few weeks so sorry for the delay in replying. Its always difficult asking after people after such a long period but how are Wendy and Dorothy?

I haven't been back to Sheffield for a long time but on the last occasion I drove down Longley lane and thought how little had changed (the jungle seemed to be there still). Do you still live in the area?

On 30/03/2020 at 18:30, Bob Fletcher said:

Well gluedtopc how nice it is to hear from you. i have been out of the country for the past few weeks so sorry for the delay in replying. Its always difficult asking after people after such a long period but how are Wendy and Dorothy?

I haven't been back to Sheffield for a long time but on the last occasion I drove down Longley lane and thought how little had changed (the jungle seemed to be there still). Do you still live in the area?

Not far away. Live up on Shirecliffe. Sadly, Dorothy passed away two years ago. Wendy is with her Husband Chris in South Wales but we don’t hear much from them. I remember your ginger hair and old cars. Had got times in Longley Lane with my sisters and friends. Always remember going to the baths in the park with my Aunty Dot (Dolly) and scoffing I’ve creams from the little shop there. Hope you and your family are all well. Dave. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well the cars have got a little newer and I would describe the hair as blond although the family would prefer white (although only behind my back!) Talking about Dolly and Bill reminds me of your grandfather and the spaniel (Kim?) that he tried to control but rarely seemed to succeed. So sorry to hear about Dorothy, please remember me to Wendy when next you are in contact. We live on the edge of the west Midlands but both our children, now in their forties for goodness sake, live in Surrey like so many of their generation. London was the draw of course but not quite the draw it was now they have families of their own!

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I was there 55 to 59

with Roy Bull, Steven Duroe, Ian William's, David Reynolds, Tony Barber, David Conklin, Jennifer Truman, Freda Raitak, Kevin Bream and more.

My cousin was in the year above.

Miss May, Miss Patterson and Mrs Caine were staff members.

I was born in 1950 and strangely can use a smart phone. All marbles intact.

Edited by MikeyF
Wrong info

• 10 months later...
On 18/05/2013 at 21:26, Alsancak said:

I would imagine anyone who went to Longley around 47 would be in their 70,s now and most oldies that age simply won,t pick up a laptop.

So I suppose you may be on your own bullerboy ?

I  LEFT LONGLEY IN 1960 THEONLY ONE I CAN. REMENBER WAS MRS CAWTHORN MR LHILL