First bar you ever went into in Sheffield town centre

DapperDan

The first pub that I ever went in was the Buccanner in Leopold Street I was 15 and I thought I was a right clever clogs. Mind you I was a good girl because I didn't drink alcohol as it tasted disgusting.

I was then a regular at the Beehive at upwell street gang of us all underage used to go in for a game of cards, darts and a warm round the old coal fire. That's about 35 years ago but I still remember like it was yesterday. The gang of us then on a regular basis used to catch the 7.oo pm Petre Street bus into town, get off Fitzalan Square dash to Wapentake Bar, down to Nelson round corner to Minvera and last port of call (Stairway to heaven) to the Penthouse roll out of there at 2amround to greasy vera's for a fried bacon, egg sani, walk home and fall into bed.

When really mum and dad thought that I had gone to the Top Rank (Roxy's) as it was the nice in place to go :)

If only.........

anyone else remember the 2 for 1 bus tickets or whatever it was?.

Yep i remember those, used to get them on the Yorkshire Terrier buses. I think it was Lamot Pils, absolutly horrible drink but when trying to get drunk on a YTS wage it was quantity>quality.

In town first bar was Berlins - straight off the bus and in with the bus ticket for the cheap bottles of Pils that tasted like pish - anyone else remember the 2 for 1 bus tickets or whatever it was? First club was Capitol which was amusing.

Please tell me its was a kids ticket as well! :hihi:

I remember going in Berlins when i was about 17 with my girlfriend (who's now my wife!!!) as they advertised that Zig & Zag would be there from The Big Breakfast (Cahannel 4)... thought it would be a good laugh.

Spent about an hour and a half waiting, god knows why, being told they would be appearing soon blah blah blah... spend your money on beer tactics.

They then announced that Zig & Zag were not real and we had all been had...........? The place emptied within minutes, why on earth did we want to see Zig & Zag?

I must have had an off day or something.

Zig & Zag - what a muppet.... get it!!

Archived