Finding and accepting yourself.

A point arrives, in everyone's life, when they come to admit that this is it: I am what I am, and I can't do anything about it.

I am there now. I have tried to 'get on' in life, but now see the 'getting on' dream as being superficial crap/rubbish.

Who needs it?

I wil be 48 on the 25th of this month - and I still don't know what I want to do yet!

What I do know is that in Meadowhall last Sunday I changed my life. As simple as it sounds, I had my ear pierced as a symbol to remind me that I am going to be me. I twist it now to remind me as I type.

I have battled with my beliefs and thoughts for years - a sort of brainstorm tennis - but cannot conform.

I am the gentle me who went through a painful breakdown recently.

But then I realised. it came to me in a flash! Eccentric nutcase.

Madman. Intelectual Nutter. Sam. Why fight it? Be you and you will be. Have. Be. Give. Don't be emabarrassed about the Micra.

I have a nice tidy home, a wonderful wife and son, and we don't aspire. We are loaded in other terms. We go to Spain at least once a year and we know how to laugh.

Anyone else hit that point yet?

I sometimes have felt like this, but then i think why? i'm only 21.

I am looking for peace so when I get the time I shall find a place of meditation, until then I can reccomend a book someone gave to me, it's called Conversations with God, now to be honest i'm not really the religious type and i'm not saying this book will convert you or anything. Take the book how you want based on your belifes but it seems to have something about it that makes you belive you can 'find yourself', i am finding it very interesting so try the library or somewhere to find it.

DM:thumbsup:

Archived