St George flag dropped because it could offend Muslims

I dont agree with her principle but I do agree that the St Georges has been tarnished & hijacked by the far right.

I also agree that that Union Flag does the same job but on a more universal scale to represent modern Britain.

However, my point is this. If it isnt illegal then you cant stop people using it. If its offensive then ban it.

If people arent breaking the law then you cant exempt it.

Simple as that.

Do you think its been hijacked or is it a case of this and similar stupidity that has allowed them to adopt the flag!

I was watching a US TV show the other day and It dawned on me how often you see the US flag in Schools over there.

Maybe we should have the Union Jack flying in the assembly room of all Schools in the UK.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/10059873/Council-vetoes-flag-of-St-George-after-concerns-raised-about-links-to-Crusades.html

Another left wing do-gooder doing the nation down with political correctness, shame the local council of Radstock don't see the national flag as something to take a bit of pride in.

and the Muslim response:

When will the left of this country stop claiming offense on behalf of others?

Well done highlighting this SevenRivers and the response from the MCGB

---------- Post added 16-05-2013 at 15:21 ----------

No St George flag because of the offence it might cause? ... so the Mosque with the big flag flying from it at Heeley is OK then?

I think you're slightly missing the point of the OP sedith.

I dont agree with her principle but I do agree that the St Georges has been tarnished & hijacked by the far right.

So do we let them keep it, or do we claim it back?

Same problem with the Union Flag.

I thought it would be a good idea if people like the "Gay Pride" march would make a point of flying them...

Was this Eleanor Jackson asked as to why she didn't wait to actually receive a complain before 'raising concerns'?

The local Muslim community don't appear to have any problem with the situation.

At least the council chair appears to have a bit of sense.

I sometimes wonder if the people who come out with this sort of nonsense are actually anti Muslim themselves & are using reverse psychology in an attempt to wind people up. Stuff like this is often reported as 'They are interfering with our way of life again.'

Alternatively of course, people like Ms Jackson might be just stupid.

Archived