Asda Chaucer: Anyone else get irritated by travelator helpful advice?

I think you may be one of a few that seem to like them. Most people I know really don't like them. I personally hate them with a passion!..Even more so now!....Or am I the grumpy old so-and-so? I'd much rather deal with a 'proper person'.

Or maybe I'm still excited with being able to scan my own items.... BEEP!

haha.

On another note, I did leave £20 cashback in the new self service conveyor tills, and went back the next day without a receipt and got it back from Customer Services. Maybe I will use the operated till from now on!

Or maybe I'm still excited with being able to scan my own items.... BEEP!

haha.

On another note, I did leave £20 cashback in the new self service conveyor tills, and went back the next day without a receipt and got it back from Customer Services. Maybe I will use the operated till from now on!

I asked for £50 cashback on one of the conveyor tills the other day....first it spat out £20 in tens....then it stopped....I waited another (what seemed like an eternity)...15-20 seconds, before it spat out the rest of it. Made a mental note NOT to get cashback from there again.

We all know I frequent this shop a few times a week. To get to the sales floor, you have to use the travelator to take you from the car park level, up to the top.

It irritates me every time. The 'canned' voice which is always mis-timed which says "Caution, you are approaching the end of the travelator...Please step off"

Is it likely I would attempt to actually stay on there? Trolley and all? It's a moving piece of machinery for god's sake...it's throws you off the end of it, whether you want it to or not! If I decided to rebel, and not get off it, it would be a bit of a nightmare, with others following behind me...not to mention trying to stop the trolley from being in the grip of it, and moving unstoppably towards the end.

Just to be devilish, I've even tried closing my eyes, all the way up....so I don't know the precise moment it does actually deposit you off the end, and I've come to no harm at all!

Do I 'really' need a completely mistimed voice telling me to 'step off'?

Now I can appreciate that we live in a society where the litigation culture is rife. But it's hardly a prosecutable case to say, nobody told me to 'step off'

A far more useful thing would be something like "please do not sit on the travelator floor" ....or...."Please do not carry your trolley up or down the travelator to save yourself a few seconds" (yes I have seen that done).

Please stop telling me to 'step off' the travelator Asda....I don't need that advice!

It's hardships like this that really put life into perspective

Can't believe Sundays events have not made the press yet!

What DID happen on Sunday?...I'm intrigued!

---------- Post added 21-05-2013 at 08:42 ----------

It's hardships like this that really put life into perspective

Life is such a trauma at times!...:)

Oh no, Asda Chapeltown is small and the layout is awful... I'd rather put up with Cross Dwellers and loud travelator announcements than go there...

Come on you're only on the travelator for 30 seconds, hardly a deal breaker!

I can't use the travelator. The magnetic field affects my pacemaker.

Unfortunately, I only found this out after a few seconds into the journey, when I started to feel faint. By this time, I was too far into the journey to turn back. It would have taken as long to go back down the travelator as it would to carry on to the top.

I can't use the travelator. The magnetic field affects my pacemaker.

Unfortunately, I only found this out after a few seconds into the journey, when I started to feel faint. By this time, I was too far into the journey to turn back. It would have taken as long to go back down the travelator as it would to carry on to the top.

That's terrible!

Surely there should be some warnings in the store.

I think you may be one of a few that seem to like them. Most people I know really don't like them. I personally hate them with a passion!..Even more so now!....Or am I the grumpy old so-and-so? I'd much rather deal with a 'proper person'.

I love the ASDA self-serve, it's quick, it's easy and because there's plenty you don't have to put up with being stuck behind some annoying old woman who can't find her purse, or remember her pin, or manage to put her purse back in her massive handbag, or clear off so someone else can buy their dinner!!! :rant::rant::rant:

Morissons self-serve on the other-hand are just the worst designed pieces of rubbish ever invented.

Archived