What's happened to all the stand ups??

Doug Stanhope, Jim Jeffries, Frankie Boyle, Chris Rock, Bill Hicks, Russel Brand, Jimmy Carr...

all top notch comedians and all are very offensive depending on your pov

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNRHPr7Gabk not safe for work (or the wishy washy)

all comedians are marmite, or simply so blandly plain as to be ineffective

But the list of good stand up sets is probably about 50 imho

I agree with the bold ones. Trouble is, one's dead and only has 2 to 3 hrs of material the other is so offensive he hardly gets any recognition.

---------- Post added 17-05-2013 at 08:12 ----------

So no comedians who are successful?

You obviously have an acquired taste Bonzo

Watch Sean Lock's - 15 Storeys High. Its very dark & very funny

Never had a taste for comedians who do panel shows. Mock the week is the worst!

Nothing worse than listening to a stand up, chop bits from their 'act', dumb it down and deliver it on TV. Shameful.

This new breed of stand up comic that does the comedy road shows are awful. None of them are genuine people. They all seem to be hamming it up or playing characters.

Never had a taste for comedians who do panel shows. Mock the week is the worst!

Nothing worse than listening to a stand up, chop bits from their 'act', dumb it down and deliver it on TV. Shameful.

Sean Lock did 15 Storeys High back in 2004...way before his stints on panel shows...but if you don't like him then you don't like him.

I watched Dara O'Briain's stand up show the other day. Very good indeed.. I watched Frank Skinner's old show as well.. still funny.

Everyone's sense of humour is different so there aren't any bad stand up acts if they're successful, somebody must like them..

I love Sean Lock like some have already commented.. a funny guy and Frankie Boyle is hillarious if you're not easily offended..

I find all the old time stand ups rubbish, Bernard Manning era. Except the likes of Bob Monkhouse...

I live up near the west end of Glasgow and there's a great comedy club called The Stand. So if you ever come up give it a go. It's cheap midweek less than a tenner (i think) and a couple more quid the weekends. It's a small venue,but always busy and great atmosphere. The comedians come from all over the world.Some are excellent and others not. However, after the Fringe in Edinburgh they do tend to filter down to the Stand club.

I watched Dara O'Briain's stand up show the other day. Very good indeed.. I watched Frank Skinner's old show as well.. still funny.

Everyone's sense of humour is different so there aren't any bad stand up acts if they're successful, somebody must like them..

I love Sean Lock like some have already commented.. a funny guy and Frankie Boyle is hillarious if you're not easily offended..

I find all the old time stand ups rubbish, Bernard Manning era. Except the likes of Bob Monkhouse...

I think Dara is quite good actually, Frank Skinner is too. But he comes.from.a different era. It's the pre Michael Macintire, comedy road show idiots that I can't stand.

Who's that Pratt with the horse teeth that sometimes goes on celebrity juice? Young kid? It's probably Russell something, they all seem to be called Russell.

There's no imagination to any of their material. It's all terrible observation stuff. I could.do that!

Archived