Nigel Farage, trapped in a pub

Gosh paying think tanks! I wonder how much changes hands between Labour and the Fabien Society.

Why criticise things for being populist, what is wrong with appealing to the interests of ordinary people?

Being populist is easy if you are playing at politics and have no intention of implementing what you propose. Proposing populist policies without any plan on how you might implement them is a problem. Hence people asking UKIP how they expect to pay for their proposals to increase spending whilst at the same time cutting taxes.

Being populist is easy if you are playing at politics and have no intention of implementing what you propose. Proposing populist policies without any plan on how you might implement them is a problem. Hence people asking UKIP how they expect to pay for their proposals to increase spending whilst at the same time cutting taxes.

in a nutshell

:)

Gosh paying think tanks! I wonder how much changes hands between Labour and the Fabien Society.

Why criticise things for being populist, what is wrong with appealing to the interests of ordinary people?

It's a different relationship that the big parties have with the think tanks. They aren't customers, more partners in a way. As an example some of the most prominent right wing think tanks were set up by Gove and Duncan Smith.

It's wrong to only go for populist themes. That is what UKIP does. Policy-wise there's no meat on the bones. Very much a case of the emperor having no clothes.

Your knowledge is seriously out of date, but I see that you do concede the point about students not paying tax.

Grants ! Student loans all the same really most never got paid back or ever will do. Again students don't pay tax as they don't earn enough as they are busy studying and if they do pay tax they arnt studying hard enough so shouldn't be there in the first place :roll:

---------- Post added 18-05-2013 at 16:26 ----------

course he is, all these right whingers on here are still living in the 1940s :roll::hihi:

Oh. Yes??? I wish I was ! the county or the world has hardly changed for the better has it really ? At least ukip want us to return to some sort of even playing field that we can afford. Of course the left hate him for it:loopy: can't see the wood for the trees :roll:

Grants ! Student loans all the same really most never got paid back or ever will do. Again students don't pay tax as they don't earn enough as they are busy studying and if they do pay tax they arnt studying hard enough so shouldn't be there in the first place :roll:

Oh. Yes??? I wish I was ! the county or the world has hardly changed for the better has it really ? At least ukip want us to return to some sort of even playing field that we can afford. Of course the left hate him for it:loopy: can't see the wood for the trees :roll:

As already pointed out they pay all the taxes everybody else does except income tax.

As already pointed out they pay all the taxes everybody else does except income tax.

Correct but income tax shows that you are actually contributing through work so have earnt a right harass politicians and ask questions not when you are some snotty nosed uni fresher who thinks all protest is part of their course :roll: like we saw with these smp student activists harassing Nigel farage!

Correct but income tax shows that you are actually contributing through work so have earnt a right harass politicians and ask questions not when you are some snotty nosed uni fresher who thinks all protest is part of their course :roll: like we saw with these smp student activists harassing Nigel farage!

I hope you realise how silly your argument is.

Well you can spout a load of populist rubbish targeting a certain section of society and still get elected if they buy it, only to completely reverse it. Just ask nick clegg or a student.

Some aspects have changed for the better, some aspects have changed for the worse. It depends which aspects you think are worth preserving and what should be changed.

While Farage like to present UKIP as anti establishment, they are in fact a deeply reactionary party.

Farage likes to ramp up the rhetoric, his party engages in scarcely concealed dog whiste politics but doesn't like the backlash. As someone else on here says, he can give it out but not take it.

As a UKIP supporter perhaps you could tell us which parts of the world have changed for the worst, and how Farage intends to return the UK to its former glories, or at least a level playing field we can afford.

What like the Lib Dems....and all the other parties?

I was going to provide some links but there's too many to choose from...

Archived