Nigel Farage, trapped in a pub

as a UKIP supporter pretty much the whole of the western world has changed for the worst due to un checked immigration and the drain on those countries that are forced to take them.

Spawning this sort of BNP piffle really says a lot about you as a UKIP supporter.

Still good to have Farage and his swivel eyed loons around to laugh at.

They really manage not to leave out a single opportunity for us to do so, don't they ? :)

On that note, should we laugh or cry?

Ukip Councillors In Lincoln Refuse To Sign 'Multicultural' Anti-Racism Pledge

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/05/18/ukip-councillors-anti-racism-pledge-lincoln-_n_3297890.html

I would have given short shrift to this silly pledge as well; no one should feel bound by anything or anyone, however seemingly positive or well meaning their agenda is.

I would have given short shrift to this silly pledge as well; no one should feel bound by anything or anyone, however seemingly positive or well meaning their agenda is.

Really? Not even the law? Or any kind of morality?

What, precisely, is silly about the pledge and why?

Really? Not even the law? Or any kind of morality?

What, precisely, is silly about the pledge and why?

Of course the law should be obeyed but a "multicultural, anti-racism pledge" just smells like a cynical attempt to silence debate about immigration to me.

The pledge does not aim to treat some groups better than others. It is aimed at treating people equally and combating racism. It recognises that the population is already diverse with different groups and different cultures.

As always with UKIP the emperor has no clothes:

Populist, anti-multicultural button pushed? Check.

OK, what's our policy? Er, we don't have one. :rolleyes:. Get the chequebook out and call the think tank.

I'm not against the idea of integrationist policy. I also don't like aggressive multiculturalism. But what UKIP are refusing to sign is not an aggressive multcultural pledge but rather a basic pledge that reflects the realities of modern life and the need to fight racism.

UKIP are a joke

Of course the law should be obeyed but a "multicultural, anti-racism pledge" just smells like a cynical attempt to silence debate about immigration to me.

Have you read it?

What, precisely, is the issue with it? Can you quote what is wrong and explain why?

That doesn't make any sense. UKIP don't need to be racist and anti-multicultural to hold a debate on immigration do they?

That doesn't make any sense. UKIP don't need to be racist and anti-multicultural to hold a debate on immigration do they?

Merely expressing dissent on immigration and multiculturalism will contravene the "pledge".

Archived