Nigel Farage, trapped in a pub

If UKIP don't want to sign it, why should they have to? Maybe they think it could be used against them? Liberals have got considerable previous for accusing people opposed to multiculturalism and mass immigration of being "racists".

They don't have to, nobody has suggested they do have they?

Ukip Councillor Richard Geoffrey Fairman told The Huffington Post UK they were surprised by the motion, which was put forward so late as to give the party little time to digest it. He said: "Some parts of it were politically correct and therefore not right. My main stance is anything that is politically correct is probably wrong. These parts concerned racism and human rights, the human rights that are allowing criminals in this country to avoid deportation."

Is he not stating that the pledge's stance on racism is wrong?

Geoffrey Fairman told The Huffington Post UK... My main stance is anything that is politically correct is probably wrong.

Bonus points for the scale of sweeping generalisation to UKIP there.

It's politically correct to say we shouldn't push disabled people out of wheelchairs and then point and laugh at them being unable to get back up again. Does that mean UKIP (or Geoff "Fairman" at least) think that's it's a good thing for us to be doing then?

And liebore popularity shrinks,

On Thursday, I asked a Labour Shadow Cabinet member how things were looking in the wake of the local election results. ‘We’re reaching a point of no return now,’ he said despondently.

Another Shadow Minister was equally sombre. ‘We could be about to slam into a brick wall,’ he said.

This week, the Conservatives have been working themselves into another Euro frenzy. But this has masked a more significant – and dark – mood that has settled over Ed Miliband and his troops.

Labour Party Leader Ed Miliband talks to members of the public in Hastings town centre from his soapbox

Many senior Labour figures are now convinced they’re heading for defeat in 2015.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2326817/Tories-frenzy--Soapbox-Ed-caught-pants-down.html#ixzz2Tiz6uUJe

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Looking at dED's picture I thought he'd taken up busking as his next career.

On that note, should we laugh or cry?

Ukip Councillors In Lincoln Refuse To Sign 'Multicultural' Anti-Racism Pledge

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/05/18/ukip-councillors-anti-racism-pledge-lincoln-_n_3297890.html

Excellent, good on them. People didn't vote UKIP to see them signing documents that tie them to left wing agendas.

And liebore popularity shrinks,

On Thursday, I asked a Labour Shadow Cabinet member how things were looking in the wake of the local election results. ‘We’re reaching a point of no return now,’ he said despondently.

Another Shadow Minister was equally sombre. ‘We could be about to slam into a brick wall,’ he said.

This week, the Conservatives have been working themselves into another Euro frenzy. But this has masked a more significant – and dark – mood that has settled over Ed Miliband and his troops.

Labour Party Leader Ed Miliband talks to members of the public in Hastings town centre from his soapbox

Many senior Labour figures are now convinced they’re heading for defeat in 2015.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2326817/Tories-frenzy--Soapbox-Ed-caught-pants-down.html#ixzz2Tiz6uUJe

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Looking at dED's picture I thought he'd taken up busking as his next career.

You do realise that The Daily Mail is a right wing newspaper that supports the Tory party don't you.

The reality is that the Tories are a lot less popular now than they were at the last election and even then they couldn't win. Labour are still around 11 points ahead in youguv polls which I believe would give them a 100 seat majority at an election. Failing a majority they will form a coalition with LibDems.

You do realise that The Daily Mail is a right wing newspaper that supports the Tory party don't you.

The reality is that the Tories are a lot less popular now than they were at the last election and even then they couldn't win. Labour are still around 11 points ahead in youguv polls which I believe would give them a 100 seat majority at an election. Failing a majority they will form a coalition with LibDems.

I have no doubt Labour will win the next election. Spending and borrowing will go up, Miliband has already said as much. Free money goes down well with the masses, especially when the truth that it isn't free is hidden from them. It doesn't get more populist than that.

Labour will make a mess of things again, some other lot will be left to pick up the pieces in 2020.

Archived