Nigel Farage, trapped in a pub

Excellent, good on them. People didn't vote UKIP to see them signing documents that tie them to left wing agendas.

Except the council was in Tory hands until the local elections:hihi:

You Kipp have taken over Lincolnshire from the Tories.

Your opinion now is...?:roll:

I have no doubt Labour will win the next election. Spending and borrowing will go up, Miliband has already said as much. Free money goes down well with the masses, especially when the truth that it isn't free is hidden from them. It doesn't get more populist than that.

Labour will make a mess of things again, some other lot will be left to pick up the pieces in 2020.

Try reading this:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ramesh-patel/growth-cameron-austerity_b_2007552.html?utm_hp_ref=tw

Excellent, good on them. People didn't vote UKIP to see them signing documents that tie them to left wing agendas.

I can't see anything in the pledge that is overtly left wing. The councillors that have signed the pledge include 36 Tories.

---------- Post added 19-05-2013 at 09:47 ----------

Opinion on what? I'm aware UKIP took control from the Tories.

UKIP have no control. They only have 16 of 76 seats.

Try reading this:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2010/oct/18/deficit-debt-government-borrowing-data

See the first graph, that is the deficit EXCLUDING financial sector interventions, aka bailouts.

---------- Post added 19-05-2013 at 09:49 ----------

I can't see anything in the pledge that is overtly left wing. The councillors that have signed the pledge include 36 Tories.

As they're entitled too. They're also entitled to not sign it, as UKIP haven't.

Try reading this:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2010/oct/18/deficit-debt-government-borrowing-data

See the first graph, that is the deficit EXCLUDING financial sector interventions, aka bailouts.

---------- Post added 19-05-2013 at 09:49 ----------

As they're entitled too. They're also entitled to not sign it, as UKIP have.

They have no foundation for not signing it. The pledge doesn't actively promote multiculturalism. It's not like something you'd get from a loony left London borough. It's a measured document reflective of the realities of life in a predominantly rural and already right wing county.

But let's pretend that UKIP actually have some integrationist policies. So here's your opportunity to tell us what they are. What are UKIP going to do instead of multiculturalism, and how will they protect people from racism?

They have no foundation for not signing it. The pledge doesn't actively promote multiculturalism. It's not like something you'd get from a loony left London borough. It's a measured document reflective of the realities of life in a predominantly rural and already right wing county.

But let's pretend that UKIP actually have some integrationist policies. So here's your opportunity to tell us what they are. What are UKIP going to do instead of multiculturalism, and how will they protect people from racism?

They're not obliged to sign it, so they have no need for any foundation for not signing it. It is their democratic right to sign or not sign whatever motions are put forward at council meetings, that is how democracy works.

Have you ever signed a pledge committing to treating people equally? Is this a matter of public record, where can I view it? Otherwise I am to presume you don't treat people equally. That is how absurd the pledge is. It's like asking people to pledge to not breaking the law, when in fact they're subject to it anyway, and if they don't sign let's assume they're law breakers.

Really? Not even the law? Or any kind of morality?

What, precisely, is silly about the pledge and why?

I can think of plenty wrong with it.

The document implies that diversity is a strength. That implies diversity is an aspiration, and end goal, something to be achieved rather than something that just happens. For these people, diversity is utopia, the more diverse a place becomes, the closer to utopia it gets. This is when diversity becomes a political agenda, to make diversity happen, to force it on people.

Lets also consider the opposite. If diversity is a strength, lack of diversity must be a weakness. To the people pushing the diversity agenda, nothing could be more weak and hellish than a place of white British people.

Archived