Nigel Farage, trapped in a pub

I can think of plenty wrong with it.

The document implies that diversity is a strength. That implies diversity is an aspiration, and end goal, something to be achieved rather than something that just happens. For these people, diversity is utopia, the more diverse a place becomes, the closer to utopia it gets. This is when diversity becomes a political agenda, to make diversity happen, to force it on people.

Lets also consider the opposite. If diversity is a strength, lack of diversity must be a weakness. To the people pushing the diversity agenda, nothing could be more weak and hellish than a place of white British people.

OR

they just want all political parties to agree that racism in all its forms is wrong?

:suspect::huh:

They're not obliged to sign it, so they have no need for any foundation for not signing it. It is their democratic right to sign or not sign whatever motions are put forward at council meetings, that is how democracy works.

Have you ever signed a pledge committing to treating people equally? Is this a matter of public record, where can I view it? Otherwise I am to presume you don't treat people equally. That is how absurd the pledge is. It's like asking people to pledge to not breaking the law, when in fact they're subject to it anyway, and if they don't sign let's assume they're law breakers.

Yes I have signed such a pledge. I work for a big UK company and we have a business code of conduct. Every 2 years we have to read it and certify that we understand it. We are categorically not allowed to discriminate against people on any grounds. Doing so is a disciplinary offence. Discriminating against people could be potentially damaging to the reputation of the company. The company does not seek to promote one group over another. It's very similar in many ways to the Lincolnshire pledge.

No, you can't view it. Neither can I. I just have to send off an email to confirm that I understand the policy.

I'm not saying that the Lincolnshire UKIP councillors are law breakers.

Spawning this sort of BNP piffle really says a lot about you as a UKIP supporter.

They really manage not to leave out a single opportunity for us to do so, don't they ? :)

hardly piffle as it seems that a lot of people agree and more are joining by the day!! hardly bnp just mainstream common sense, how you compare ukip to white chav knuckle draggers i dont know.

make the most of the oppertunity now as you may not have long left:hihi::hihi:

---------- Post added 19-05-2013 at 11:42 ----------

On that note, should we laugh or cry?

Ukip Councillors In Lincoln Refuse To Sign 'Multicultural' Anti-Racism Pledge

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/05/18/ukip-councillors-anti-racism-pledge-lincoln-_n_3297890.html

good for them why should they sign such a left wing slanted pledge:loopy:

hardly piffle as it seems that a lot of people agree and more are joining by the day!! hardly bnp just mainstream common sense, how you compare ukip to white chav knuckle draggers i dont know.

make the most of the oppertunity now as you may not have long left:hihi::hihi:

---------- Post added 19-05-2013 at 11:42 ----------

good for them why should they sign such a left wing slanted pledge:loopy:

says it all when you class anti racism as left wing slanted, surely being against racism in this day and age is what all civilised, sensible, fair thinking people should do?

says it all when you class anti racism as left wing slanted, surely being against racism in this day and age is what all civilised, sensible, fair thinking people should do?

It is, but should anybody have to make a pledge to such affect, and lest they sign it, assumed to be racist.

Why don't all those in public service make a pledge that child abuse is abhorrent? And anybody that fails to sign will be assumed to be a child abuser.

What's wrong with this nonsense is it assumes guilt. Once upon a time people were not assumed to be racist, unless they did or said something that was racist. The pledge at Lincolnshire County Council reverses that, now all the councillors are assumed to be racist by default, unless they sign this pledge of course which cures them. Failure to pledge ones non-racist credentials is to face trial by media, as they are each "exposed".

---------- Post added 19-05-2013 at 13:15 ----------

Yes I have signed such a pledge. I work for a big UK company and we have a business code of conduct. Every 2 years we have to read it and certify that we understand it. We are categorically not allowed to discriminate against people on any grounds. Doing so is a disciplinary offence. Discriminating against people could be potentially damaging to the reputation of the company. The company does not seek to promote one group over another. It's very similar in many ways to the Lincolnshire pledge.

No, you can't view it. Neither can I. I just have to send off an email to confirm that I understand the policy.

I'm not saying that the Lincolnshire UKIP councillors are law breakers.

OK that's good. When did you first sign it? Just wondering how long it's been since you were one of those discriminating sorts from before signing it.

It is, but should anybody have to make a pledge to such affect, and lest they sign it, assumed to be racist.

Why don't all those in public service make a pledge that child abuse is abhorrent? And anybody that fails to sign will be assumed to be a child abuser.

What's wrong with this nonsense is it assumes guilt. Once upon a time people were not assumed to be racist, unless they did or said something that was racist. The pledge at Lincolnshire County Council reverses that, now all the councillors are assumed to be racist by default, unless they sign this pledge of course which cures them. Failure to pledge ones non-racist credentials is to face trial by media, as they are each "exposed".

with the likes of ukip and the bnp tho its different, there is an undercurrent of racism in their ranks and NOT signing something (for no real reason) highlights the fact.

as for the child abuse thing, most have to undergo police checks for such things which in effect is a similer thing

Here's how. http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/timstanley/100210451/english-defence-league-leader-endorses-ukip-this-is-a-nightmare-for-nigel-farage/

The leader of the white chav knuckle draggers, the EDL, called for support for UKIP.

I find the tone of that racist. I'm sure you wouldn't call other uneducated racial groups "knuckle draggers?" Or would you? Please explain why its okay for racial slurs against white "chavs"...

I don't for one second expect an explanation... you'll just go off on some tangent... but it's racist, and you should modify your offensive tone.

---------- Post added 19-05-2013 at 14:07 ----------

with the likes of ukip and the bnp tho its different, there is an undercurrent of racism in their ranks and NOT signing something (for no real reason) highlights the fact.

as for the child abuse thing, most have to undergo police checks for such things which in effect is a similer thing

The UKIP party is not racist. They may have some members who are but so do the Labour party. Look at areas like Maltby, a mining community and traditional Labour. They voted in a BNP councillor, he's been voted out now and the electorate has returned to Labour... should Labour refuse their votes?....

---------- Post added 19-05-2013 at 13:15 ----------

OK that's good. When did you first sign it? Just wondering how long it's been since you were one of those discriminating sorts from before signing it.

It's not nonsense. It's a very basic commitment to treat people fairly and without discrimination. There is absolutely no problem with that. I can't put myself in the mindset of somebody who wouldn't sign up.

None of your business when I last signed it. You asked if I'd ever signed anything like it and I've answered your question.

Archived