Nigel Farage, trapped in a pub

If people in towns like Boston and Louth had been given the chance 10-12 years ago to vote for whether they wanted the population of their towns to increase by as much as 60% due to mass immigration, with all that goes with it, pressure on housing, public services and jobs, do you think they would have voted for it?

The population of Boston has increased from 56,000 to 65,000 in ten years. That isn't a 60% increase.

Louth has gone from 15,000 to 17,000 in the same period. Not 60% either. Nowhere near.

Lincolnshire already has diverse communities. The pledge is a recognition of that, a commitment not to discriminate based on that and a commitment to provide equal and fair treatment to all.

They've got nothing to lose by signing it. By not signing it they look like they're not fit to have a say in how services are delivered.

If diversity in Lincolnshire is a matter of fact, why must it be recognised by a pledge? Does not signing the pledge make it not diverse?

My view is that the pledge is an instrument used by the left to make everybody else dance to their tune and make certain debates on public policy off limits.

You can't sack people for their beliefs, only for their actions. Nobody has the right to dictate what people are and aren't allowed to believe.

But this isn't about beliefs, it's about agreeing to act in a certain way. You might believe that you should be allowed to write anything you like about your colleagues on TwitFace, but many employers have it as a term of your employment that you can't, and if you're not willing to agree to that, they can terminate your employment.

I find the tone of that racist. I'm sure you wouldn't call other uneducated racial groups "knuckle draggers?" Or would you? Please explain why its okay for racial slurs against white "chavs"...

I think you'll find it was your fellow UKIP admirer that introduced the offending racial slur on this thread.

Check comment #173

The company we keep ...

---------- Post added 19-05-2013 at 18:10 ----------

I don't for one second expect an explanation... you'll just go off on some tangent... but it's racist, and you should modify your offensive tone.

Talk about own goals.

I am not suggesting that UKIP has racist policies, let's get that straight.

Nor am I suggesting that Fairman is speaking for the party.

However, is he not clearly stating that the pledge's stance on racism is wrong?

Ukip Councillor Richard Geoffrey Fairman told The Huffington Post UK they were surprised by the motion, which was put forward so late as to give the party little time to digest it. He said: "Some parts of it were politically correct and therefore not right. My main stance is anything that is politically correct is probably wrong. These parts concerned racism and human rights, the human rights that are allowing criminals in this country to avoid deportation."

Parts of pledge about racism = anti-racism...

Parts of pledge about anti-racism = politically correct...

Politically correct = wrong...

Therefore, anti-racist = wrong

Am I missing something? Does he mean something else?

---------- Post added 19-05-2013 at 18:14 ----------

I think you'll find it was your fellow UKIP admirer that introduced the offending racial slur on this thread.

Check comment #173

The company we keep ...

---------- Post added 19-05-2013 at 18:10 ----------

Talk about own goals.

Ooops. Should we expect an explanation or a tangent? Let's wait and see.

Maybe there are a few things that need ironing out as regards to Human Rights. I was listening to LBC radio yesterday when a young African woman called the show to say that she was given asylum in Britain (quite rightly) because of the horrendous suffering she endured in Africa.

Her family was murdered and she was raped. During her stay in hospital after giving birth she was confronted by her rapist who had also been granted asylum, he was working at the hospital.

Story here http://www.lbc.co.uk/read-petries-blog-7106/entry/103/9553

"Should a man who admits killing up to 400 people in his home country should be given a second chance here in Britain? Here's one of the strongest arguments against someone like him being granted asylum."

If diversity in Lincolnshire is a matter of fact, why must it be recognised by a pledge? Does not signing the pledge make it not diverse?

My view is that the pledge is an instrument used by the left to make everybody else dance to their tune and make certain debates on public policy off limits.

It's the perfect counter to UKIP's ridiculous common British 'monoculture' ideas, which are patently ridiculous.

Archived