Nigel Farage, trapped in a pub

As England and Scotland are part of the UK, Farage as an Englishman has as much right to be in Scotland as any Scottish person has to be in England.

Fortunately, up until now, 27 member states are part of the EU, meaning that the hard-working people that Farage constantly has a go at have as much a right to be in England as any English person has to be in Poland, France, Bulgaria etc.

Long may it stay that way.

A moot point being as Romania, Poland and Bulgaria are not part of the UK. As England and Scotland are part of the UK, Farage as an Englishman has as much right to be in Scotland as any Scottish person has to be in England.

Also UKIP don't tell anybody they should go back, you made that bit up.

Threatening violence against political opponents is pretty fascist, I'm sure you'd agree with this if it were a BNP or NF mob.

Romanian, Polish and Bulgarian nationals have as much right to be in Scotland as Farage has. The issue is not whether it is a part of the UK but whether it is part of the EU. This was signed into law by Margaret Thatcher as one of the four freedoms (goods, services, people and capital) under the 1986 Single European Act.

UKIP's policy on EU nationals is that those whose country joined after 2003 will not have the right to stay after about 2017 whereas those who were EU citizens before will. However the UKIP website page on immigration is being updated so I can't provide a link. In other words though UKIP's policy is send 'em back if they're A2 or A8.

As the BNP and NF are fascist parties then yes it would be fascist violence. Violence from say Irish Republicans, Islamic fundamentalists or Basque separatists wouldn't be because they're not fascist. Violence per se isn't fascist. It's the politics of those carrying out the violence that determines whether it's fascist or not. Otherwise all political violence would be fascist.

We love it up there, we go every year and receive nothing but a warm welcome. But then I'm not a complete git.

I'm glad you enjoy it, as I said I only have my own experiences to go by, going back now as a tourist is great but having lived and worked there I came up against some pretty hateful comments (until I mastered the Scottish tongue). As I said earlier I have a Scottish son, maybe my experiences were a one off. Oh and I'd like to think I'm not a git.

Fortunately, up until now, 27 member states are part of the EU, meaning that the hard-working people that Farage constantly has a go at have as much a right to be in England as any English person has to be in Poland, France, Bulgaria etc.

Long may it stay that way.

Why? Who does it benefit other than employers who can benefit from cheap labour?

The sooner we are out of the EU, the better. I think it will collapse soon after as the people of all countries realise they are being taken for a ride.

Romanian, Polish and Bulgarian nationals have as much right to be in Scotland as Farage has. The issue is not whether it is a part of the UK but whether it is part of the EU. This was signed into law by Margaret Thatcher as one of the four freedoms (goods, services, people and capital) under the 1986 Single European Act.

UKIP's policy on EU nationals is that those whose country joined after 2003 will not have the right to stay after about 2017 whereas those who were EU citizens before will. However the UKIP website page on immigration is being updated so I can't provide a link. In other words though UKIP's policy is send 'em back if they're A2 or A8.

As the BNP and NF are fascist parties then yes it would be fascist violence. Violence from say Irish Republicans, Islamic fundamentalists or Basque separatists wouldn't be because they're not fascist. Violence per se isn't fascist. It's the politics of those carrying out the violence that determines whether it's fascist or not. Otherwise all political violence would be fascist.

So it's ok to chase him into a pub then? No? Your post isn't really clear.

I'm quite happy for ukips policies to be challenged - he's only got one (two maybe?) so it isn't hard. Chasing him (or any other elected politician) into a pub is wrong and deserves total condemnation from everyone.

Your argument was fundamentally flawed. The protesters told Farage to "go back to England", which you likened to Farage saying the same to Romanians, Bulgarians and Polish. The problem with that is it's completely false, UKIP do not tell anybody they should go home. They do advocate stronger border control, which may prevent many from coming here in the first place, entirely different to telling people to go home.

The only equivalence with UKIP would have been if the protesters in Edinburgh had said they want independence, and want to impose stricter border control between England and Scotland.

Romanian, Polish and Bulgarian nationals have as much right to be in Scotland as Farage has.

Except none of them actually want to go there.

Been to Scotland lately ? Poles have adapted very well there, especially in the hospitality, catering, and gastronomy sector. There are more family-run Polish shops in Edinburgh now than there are in Sheffield. (You have noticed the ones in South Yorkshire, haven't you?) They have proven successful and popular, answering Happ Hazard's question whether immigration aids anyone other than cut-throat employers.

A very poignant question was raised in another forum thread 3 days ago: how come UKIP, and the British media in general, have completely failed to seize on David Cameron's recent trip to India, and the implications of it in terms of migration to the UK?

Allow me to re-post the links :

http://tompride.wordpress.com/2013/03/25/immigration-bombshell-camerons-very-secret-deal-to-allow-a-flood-of-cheap-labour-from-india/

http://www.opendemocracy.net/ourkingdom/linda-kaucher/what-was-real-purpose-of-david-camerons-visit-to-india

Care to comment, all ye UKIP enthusiasts ?

Archived