Nigel Farage, trapped in a pub

How is screaming abuse at Farage scrutiny or am I missing something from that article?

I wasn't refering to the incident in Scotland today, more the complaints of Farage and his supporters that the media are less willing to give them an easy ride of late.

I wasn't refering to the incident in Scotland today, more the complaints of Farage and his supporters that the media are less willing to give them an easy ride of late.

The BBC presenter was putting it to Farage that UKIP have no business being in Scotland. That's not his call to make and isn't the mark of impartiality.

The BBC presenter was putting it to Farage that UKIP have no business being in Scotland. That's not his call to make and isn't the mark of impartiality.

Any journalist has business in asking tough questions. I'm afraid that Nigel has failed his first tough test today. He's going to get many more days like this. He needs to buy a temper control mechanism from somewhere. Maybe the Polish make them.

So it's ok to chase him into a pub then? No? Your post isn't really clear.

Except that they didn't chase him into a pub. Saying they chased Farage into a pub is a bit like saying they chased a hypochondriac into A&E. They protested against him and on police advice he hid in a pub and the doors were locked. Farage can dish it out but he clearly can't take it.

Except none of them actually want to go there.

If that were true then UKIP would have nothing to say to the Scots seeing as anti-European immigration is their one policy.

The BBC presenter was putting it to Farage that UKIP have no business being in Scotland.

The BBC presenter pointed out to Farage that UKIP has no elected representatives in Scotland at which point Farage looked the truth in the face and hung up. As I said above, he can dish it out but he can't take it.

---------- Post added 18-05-2013 at 07:56 ----------

What violent threats were made and what were the arrests for? I'm struggling to find it? Anyone?

Apparently there were two arrests but I've not read why.

Your argument was fundamentally flawed. The protesters told Farage to "go back to England", which you likened to Farage saying the same to Romanians, Bulgarians and Polish. The problem with that is it's completely false, UKIP do not tell anybody they should go home. They do advocate stronger border control, which may prevent many from coming here in the first place, entirely different to telling people to go home.

The only equivalence with UKIP would have been if the protesters in Edinburgh had said they want independence, and want to impose stricter border control between England and Scotland.

True, I feel many suffer from a kind of word blindness in the respect they can't see common sense when its in front of them... Let he who will be King reign over us... Long live King Nigel... :hihi:

They don't like it up em do they...

They don't like it up em do they...

And neither does King Nigel given how he had to hide in a pub and then hung up a phone call when faced with the truth. That's hardly Once More Into The Breach. Rather A Pint A Pint My Kingdom For A Pint.

This is just typical. Argument after argument is being made, relevant articles are being linked, and all that the Ukip lovers on here have to say for themselves is along the lines of Urgh too many immigrants .. Nige is great .. Left wing thugs .. all fascists anyway .. Can't wait to get out of the EU .. long live King Nigel .. it's all common sense

I know 12 year olds that can do better than that.

---------- Post added 18-05-2013 at 10:05 ----------

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/ukip-leader-nigel-farage-hits-back-at-fascist-hecklers-in-edinburgh-pub-8619819.html

Liam O'Hare, a spokesman for the Radical Independence group, said: "Farage's attempts to paint our protest as anti-English is pathetic. Our vision is for a Scotland that welcomes people from across the world, including England. This is the exact opposite of Farage and Ukip's vision for Scotland, which is a parochial, bigoted British nationalism. We're against his racist ideas, not where he comes from."

Well ?

This is just typical. Argument after argument is being made, relevant articles are being linked, and all that the Ukip lovers on here have to say for themselves is along the lines of Urgh too many immigrants .. Nige is great .. Left wing thugs .. all fascists anyway .. Can't wait to get out of the EU .. long live King Nigel .. it's all common sense

I know 12 year olds that can do better than that.

---------- Post added 18-05-2013 at 10:05 ----------

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/ukip-leader-nigel-farage-hits-back-at-fascist-hecklers-in-edinburgh-pub-8619819.html

Liam O'Hare, a spokesman for the Radical Independence group, said: "Farage's attempts to paint our protest as anti-English is pathetic. Our vision is for a Scotland that welcomes people from across the world, including England. This is the exact opposite of Farage and Ukip's vision for Scotland, which is a parochial, bigoted British nationalism. We're against his racist ideas, not where he comes from."

Well ?

Well, if Liam says so it must be right lol :hihi: As for the Radical Independence Group, who the blinking heck are they...:hihi:

Long live King Nigel.... A vote for any other party is a wasted vote...

PS Its quite ironic that you complain of not getting a grown up debate while the numpties up north won't allow one...

Archived