Council Tax Reminders

Hello, I have usually been getting housing and council tax benefits but have just got a letter in about council tax reminder notice saying I must pay £156.24.

It says their records show that a reminder was issued on 23 April 2013 for council tax arrears for the period of 1 April 2013 to 31 March 2014 and my account is still in arrears.

It says I have lost the right to pay by instalments and must pay the whole balance of £156.24 for the period due on one payment.

Unless payment is received in full at the council offices by 23 May 2013, the council will commence legal proceedings without further notice and additional costs will be incurred. If payment has been made recently they apologise for sending me this notice. :loopy:

Well, looks like the council have got it wrong here, I have been on benefits so should not have to pay any amounts to anyone, they have lost the plot and do not have a pot to wee in :loopy:

Council tax benefit has stopped now.

The replacement benefit doesn't cover all of your obligation, you should be paying towards it.

Well nobody told me this and they kept this quiet, the housing are a joke :loopy:

Hello, I have usually been getting housing and council tax benefits but have just got a letter in about council tax reminder notice saying I must pay £156.24.

It says their records show that a reminder was issued on 23 April 2013 for council tax arrears for the period of 1 April 2013 to 31 March 2014 and my account is still in arrears.

It says I have lost the right to pay by instalments and must pay the whole balance of £156.24 for the period due on one payment.

Unless payment is received in full at the council offices by 23 May 2013, the council will commence legal proceedings without further notice and additional costs will be incurred. If payment has been made recently they apologise for sending me this notice.

Well, looks like the council have got it wrong here, I have been on benefits so should not have to pay any amounts to anyone, they have lost the plot and do not have a pot to wee in

Everyone now has to pay 25% or something like that.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

---------- Post added 17-05-2013 at 12:30 ----------

Everyone of working age*

On a band A property its about 23 quid a month if on benefits I believe

Well, I will be a monkeys uncle.

I just phoned them up and began my direct debit payments starting at £15 per month spreading the cost.

They did say that housing benefit still stays which is £5 per week water rates for me but when my arrears have been paid off after 10 months that my council tax would go up to £17 per month direct debit depending on government budgets at that time.

well this is interesting, i got my council tax letter on 24th march for 1st april first payment, paid over a months worth on first payment and now they want to take me to court even though they said that they sent a reminder....nope they did not, i think om gonna go court if requested!!!, i soooo wanna see them squirm when i demand to see a judge and not a side room!!!!. bring it on!!

Archived