What's your fondest memory of 60's sheffield

The 1966 World Cup, and practising my schoolboy German on the occupants of the VW Beetles that descended on Hillsborough. Ron Springett's team had been to Wembley a couple of months earlier, but the least said about that the better....:(

,.................meeting a friend at the Stone House Saturday lunchtime, then having coffe at the Sidewalk, (Dave Berry was a regular there!) then having afternoon tea in Cockaynes, then out with our boy friends Saturday night!!! Good memeories and happy days!!

born in 61 I was only a child in the sixties lol

don't have a lot of memories but the best ones are.... just playin outside...making dens, sledging, makin mud pies, hols in skeggy or blackpool, sweet shops oh I could go on and on :)

My best friend Jean. We live in different countries now but are still BFFE even after 50 years . The Mojo club. Bell bottom jeans Levis of course with cat bells down the side of the outer legs. Drinking brandy & babysham out in Derbyshire with lads from the Square Circles band. The fantastic music of the 60's mostly Motown & the Beatles. The fashion was incredible mini skirts, knee length boots. Maxi coats. How lucky we were to be teenagers in the 60's living in the UK I don't think anything could equal it for teenagers. Sheffield was a great place to be back then wasn't it?

The music, the beer, the girls, places to visit, foreign holidays, the cars, the freedom. I was between 17 and 27 in the 60's and it all happened then. I could write a book, and probably should.

Archived