Has anyone got divorced after years apart?

My in laws have been married 32 years, and separated and living 200 miles apart for about 16 or so.

She wont go for a divorce as she says its too expensive.

He wont do it "just so she can marry someone else" :hihi:

I saw once on TV, so not sure if correct, but if your husband has been 'uncontactable' for 7 years, you are not legally 'fully' married?

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

You actually beat Kim Kardashian by 63 days.

That some record!

How long did you know each other before you got married?

6 weeks I think x

---------- Post added 17-05-2013 at 19:22 ----------

I really hope the bread bin has not suffered over the years.Bread bin with a single parent,all sorts of problems.:hihi:

sod off lol, i have to cuddle it every night, it has my cake in lol x

---------- Post added 17-05-2013 at 19:27 ----------

I did contact him about 4 years ago, I found out where he worked, but he just wanted to meet and to catch up, said he didnt want a divorce x

Well .... came home after the honeymoon, he unpacked bags while I went to see my friends, and didnt go home, my mum went and got my bread bin for me,

In my defence, I was young x

By the sounds of it you both must have been about 7 :hihi::hihi:, I thought my daughter had a short marriage but you rip her to bits, mind you good on you in 1st place for having courage of your convictions.

I hope the bread bin didn't grow up hating him

My first marriage lasted less than 6 months...I divorced him 7 years later on the grounds of '5 years separation' and he didn't have to sign any papers, I just had to prove I had tried o send him the paperwork. There are other grounds like 'abandonment' but I would go to the website of the family courts which has guides and leaflets etc. You don't need to pay a solicitor, you can do it yourself. And it costs about 300 quid.

I did contact him about 4 years ago, I found out where he worked, but he just wanted to meet and to catch up, said he didnt want a divorce x

I bet he didn't even ask how the bread bin was doing did he?

Selfish b*st*rd !

My sister has just found out she's divorced. After 7 years separation she had tried to divorce him but couldn't find him. She rang the court to ask what to do next and was told he had already divorced her.

Maybe give them a ring, you never know as after this long he could do it with out your permission or vice versa I think.

6 weeks I think x

---------- Post added 17-05-2013 at 19:22 ----------

sod off lol, i have to cuddle it every night, it has my cake in lol x

---------- Post added 17-05-2013 at 19:27 ----------

Haha.........what happened on the honeymoon?

Did he eat with his mouth open?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived