Football leagues?

Hi Alex.

There are many different leagues available, from 5-a-side, 6-a-side and Futsal on smaller pitches to full size 11-a-side leagues at weekends.

Where will you be studying and do you know where you will be living yet?

Oh, good to know.

I'll be studying in the University of Sheffield. And nope, I didn't start looking for a house yet... I guess I'll be looking for something around Glossop Road, as the faculty is in that area. Is that a good place?

Thanks a lot.

The University has it's own 5-aside and 11-aside football leagues, usually intra-departmental. You usually have to register for these by the start of October, so if you are moving over soon, you will have plenty of time to discuss this with course mates / or others. The University pitches are on Whitham Road, so right next to Glossop Road.

University students tend to live in Crookes / Crookesmore in privately rented houses.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Crookes,+Sheffield&hl=en&sll=52.8382,-2.327815&sspn=11.146001,19.753418&t=h&hnear=Crookes,+South+Yorkshire,+United+Kingdom&z=15

You can see the location of Crookes here and Crookesmore is just to the right of that. Hope that helps.

Archived