Holiday Ideas Please

I worked for P&O on board for 5 years and i can assure you they are very safe.

Costa was human error

I don't think I would argue with you about P and O, but some of the Cruise Lines still worry me. I'd take a trip home on a Cunard if I could afford it, better than the miserable flights home in a 777 I've experienced in the past.There was that Princess thing where you couldn't use the head for a week, but there's been much worse.

I went on cruises for 18 years, care of HM. I'm damned if I'd ever pay money to do it. Modern cruise liners look top heavy to me, and I'm not sure they have enough lifeboats.

There was a documentary on TV, after the Concordia disaster, and it came to the same conclusion.

I don't think I would argue with you about P and O, but some of the Cruise Lines still worry me. I'd take a trip home on a Cunard if I could afford it, better than the miserable flights home in a 777 I've experienced in the past.There was that Princess thing where you couldn't use the head for a week, but there's been much worse.

Cunard are the same price as P&O now and you can get some great deals.

All cruise ships have 35% extra capacity for life boats & life rafts

Surely, it depends what sort of holiday you want? - If you want to laze on a beach all day, sail, sea-fish or swin in the sea (nothing wrong with that) you'll need to go somewhere near a large lake/Sea. (I spend my winters in Florida.)

If you want to hike, motorcycle, see spectacular scenery, I recommend the Aps (Where I spend my summers.)

If you want to go swimming around here (It's 'summer' as far as I"m concerned) you're SOL.

On the other hand, if you go to Florida for the scenery or to hike in the mountains, you're probably going to be disappointed.

To the OP:

Do you think it would be a good idea to tell us what you're looking for? - I suspect that on this forum, there will be a number of people with experience of whatever it is you want to do.

If you are thinking of sun , sea, and the Mediterranean I'd definitely avoid August . It's far too hot, especially if you aren't used to it.

It's been 36 degrees here in Cyprus today and it's only May.

Archived