Help needed with renault scenic 1.4

Hi I'm just wondering if anyone could give me any info or advice concerning my renault scenic

Last night we were woke by neighbours as the hazard lights were flashing like mad and the central locking wouldn't work after trying to make it stop ourselves and then waiting nearly 2 hours for the aa to come out ( when he did finally arrive he wasn't much help at all the first thing he said was I didn't want to come to this job I've been on an 11 hour shift) we finished up disconnecting the battery so it would stop flashing and we could lock it up

This morning it's still the same only this time the car won't start at all we've tried drying the fuse box with a hair dryer as it looks like it wet but that still hasn't helped we've phoned a few garages that say we may need an auto electrician we thought thisroblem may be covered with our breakdown repair cover but apparently it's not to be honest we've only had this car 2 weeks and both of us haven't got a clue what were doing

Just looking for any info hoping someone's saying its an easy enough fix to try and so ourselves at home ( can't drive car anywhere else) hoping for the cheapest way possible as having bought it we've not really got money to have it repaired any help at all please please please......

Thanks for your advice but I'm afraid what we've tried so far have been ideas from google :( as we're completely stuck when it comes to cars we never really have much look with any of them to be honest someone just said try spraying wd40 over the fuse box (I think) and that might oxidise the water???? Trying to find the wd40 and give it a go got nothing to loose as the car won't start at all....

You made a mistake discomecting battery. Now you have problem to start because battery was disconected. You should only remove fuse from central locking and it would help. Probably central locking got wet and you had flashing light. You need to find info how to start after disconnecting battery. Probably you need code card,

---------- Post added 18-05-2013 at 10:31 ----------

How does the light from immobiloser behave when you put key into ignition?

Central locking fuse should be with other fuses. I dont remember if it is under bonnet or under steering wheel. French cars dont like disconnecting battery. Code card should give you previous owner. Or dealer can organise new one. But it will cost much. Tell me one thing. When you put key into ignition the red light from immobiliser should go off. The starter works when you try to start it?

---------- Post added 18-05-2013 at 10:42 ----------

In this car very often computer is faulty and it is very expensive but good electrician can fix it to avoid immobiliser

So it is a problem with immobiliser.

---------- Post added 18-05-2013 at 11:48 ----------

There is one sollution. Try to open the key very carefully. On electronic system inside your key should be key number. Of course if the key is genuine from manufacturer.

The thing is it started at 7 this morning but now there's nothing at all the hazards are still flashing the central locking is not working I've tried what speleo1 just suggested but no luck :( anybody know of anyone that could fix it as cheap as poss

If you find key number go to renault service with car documents and they should generate immo code for your car.

---------- Post added 18-05-2013 at 12:03 ----------

Have you checked the battery? Maybe the battery is rubbish

Archived