Why do we waste British lives on this load of deadbeats?

So the terrorist training camps exporting death and destruction to the world happened after we invaded did they?

I have less and less of an urge to visit anywhere beyond Europe these days and if and when I do its to see the beauty of the country not the culture. It seems the only places that are free from oppression and terror are the western nations and Japan these days.

I agree with you and being a woman I don't feel I would be comfortable in many countries apart from the ones you mention. It seems to me that the plight of many women is getting worse instead of better and wonder how can this be in the 21st century. This government needs to put more pressure on the government of Afghanistan to better the life of women over there.

The women's right angle was used very successfully by keyboard warriors to drum up war fever for Afghanistan, and probably Iran next.

Did the Sisters sell out? Did they loose their nerve? Did they disband? Were they defeated? Were they all talk? What has happened to the radical Feminist Movement..the shrieks and hollering from their millions of individuals should make it impossible for England and America to abandon Afghan women to their fate. And they are also silent on the treatment of their sisters by religions everywhere. Maybe a Feminist could enlighten me.?:)

Is your memory really that short? Can't you remember what happened last time when Afghanistan was left to it's own devices with the fundamentals running the show?

Is your memory really that short that you think that anything anyone does to try to help these deadbeats will be appreciated and not swept away a month after our forces leave?

What return do you think we have gained for the thousands of lives lost by Brits and Yanks?

The women's right angle was used very successfully by keyboard warriors to drum up war fever for Afghanistan, and probably Iran next.

Did the Sisters sell out? Did they loose their nerve? Did they disband? Were they defeated? Were they all talk? What has happened to the radical Feminist Movement..the shrieks and hollering from their millions of individuals should make it impossible for England and America to abandon Afghan women to their fate. And they are also silent on the treatment of their sisters by religions everywhere. Maybe a Feminist could enlighten me.?:)

The main reason we embarked on the afghan adventure was in response to 911 - anything is just window dressing. We've got bin laden, time to go home. I feel for the afghan women but they aren't alone. Women in Pakistan, parts of India, sub Saharan Africa (to name but a few) probably know exactly how they feel. Should we send troops to fight (with one hand tied behind their backs) and die in a load of other oppressive countries. No.

LINK

Oh wait, you still believe the ostensible reason for us being there.

The terrorist "bogeyman".

Yeah, like those Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq.

I said nothing of the sort. You simply assumed. But there again the moon might be made of green cheese, but no one in their right mind would bother to set up the infrasturucture to harvest it.

I wouldn't doubt there is a $trillion of sand in the Sahara. Who cares if you have to deal with uncivilized thugs to get it.

The main reason we embarked on the afghan adventure was in response to 911 - anything is just window dressing. We've got bin laden, time to go home. I feel for the afghan women but they aren't alone. Women in Pakistan, parts of India, sub Saharan Africa (to name but a few) probably know exactly how they feel. Should we send troops to fight (with one hand tied behind their backs) and die in a load of other oppressive countries. No.

I agree Unless you are part of the social elite, life for a woman is little better in Pakistan and the tide there is surging toward tolerance for Taliban activity instead of condemnation. makes it clear that Pakistan, Indonesia, India and other nations only have a veneer of modernity.

Islam is limited in its scope by governments who will not allow their most radical adherents to impose shariah. But, having said that, all it would take is for a president aligned with rigid Islamic principles in Turkey to totally change that nation into Iran or Saudi or Afghanistan. Let's not forget, prior to the fall of the Pahlavis, Iran was one of the most western nations in the region. Even Jordan, which used to be relatively modern, is sinking back into the morass of male cruelty and domination under the guise of religion. And if apologists for Islam refuse to rein them in, then this religion will be increasingly seen as one that seeks to enslave women and children and wallow in a medieval mindset.

Is your memory really that short that you think that anything anyone does to try to help these deadbeats will be appreciated and not swept away a month after our forces leave?

What return do you think we have gained for the thousands of lives lost by Brits and Yanks?

Lol! Seriously though, what has that hyperbole got to do with "my memory"?

Anyway back to the real world, we entered Afghanistan to remove the terrorist supporting regime the committed the worst terrorist atrocity against UK nationals.

Maybe the question should be, have we been doing it the right way rather than questioning if we should be there at all.

So the terrorist training camps exporting death and destruction to the world happened after we invaded did they?

I have less and less of an urge to visit anywhere beyond Europe these days and if and when I do its to see the beauty of the country not the culture. It seems the only places that are free from oppression and terror are the western nations and Japan these days.

were we actually in danger back then?

was it the taliban that flew those planes into the world trade centre?

we followed the US into there under false pretences as i said in my earlier post, so now we have to stay there as long as it takes, as WE jumped in feet first

Lol! Seriously though, what has that hyperbole got to do with "my memory"?

Anyway back to the real world, we entered Afghanistan to remove the terrorist supporting regime the committed the worst terrorist atrocity against UK nationals.

Maybe the question should be, have we been doing it the right way rather than questioning if we should be there at all.

That's a very good question. I can't think of any better answers than do what we've done better and faster - which is easier done in hindsight.

I read a bit of a whiney article on the bbc about Syria and how the west should have done "something" sooner. It declined to say what that "something" should have been.

Of course not! Many of those countries have weak, ineffective and incompetent governments.

You should send them some politicians. (The runners-up in general and by-elections, for example.)

Once they've got enough decent politicians, they will sort themselves out, won't they?

Archived