Cancelling Insurance early..options

I got out redundancy cover (£35 a month) in January as there were a lot changes going to be happening so was wise at the time, everything has panned out ok so want to cancel, the policy was for a year so know it's gonna be tricky, wondering what options people think I have (if any)

It's with Legal and General by the way.

I quote...

'If you decide you don't want this policy after 30 days, and you have not made a claim, we will charge you for the period that we have provided cover to you.'

'Your policy is an annual contract and we will therefore provide you with cover for 12 months, unless you fail to pay your premiums when due'

'If we don't receive the premium on or before it's due date, then we will write to you asking for payment. If you don't pay the unpaid premium within 10 days of our writing to you, we will cancel the policy.'

I think you know what to do.

"If we don't receive the premium on or before it's due date, then we will write to you asking for payment. If you don't pay the unpaid premium within 10 days of our writing to you, we will cancel the policy.'"

"If we don't receive the premium on or before it's due date, then we will write to you asking for payment. If you don't pay the unpaid premium within 10 days of our writing to you, we will cancel the policy.'"

Yes but there maybe a cancellation fee.

Yeah was thinking that part, but worried about possible charges/fines etc but suppose I could take the risk and cancel direct debit.

Yeah was thinking that part, but worried about possible charges/fines etc but suppose I could take the risk and cancel direct debit.

That might be the worst thing to do....they'll chase you for the missing payments as well as charging a cancellation fee.. it might also reflect badly on your credit score.. why not just speak to them...?

If you do that they will say you have broken the credit agreement by cancelling the direct debit an that it's a requirement for the credit agreement or they will ask you for the full amount of the annual insurance

Archived