Need help/advice on making my own wedding invitations

Hi everyone.

I have recently purchased all the materials I need to make my own wedding invitations however I still want them printed, not hand written. I tried doing it on my friends printer but it was printing slightly off centre.

I have tried contacting a few printing companies in Sheffield and they seem to either not understand what I mean and offer to make me full invitations or sound not very interested.

Has anyone else done this or know of anywhere that will be able to do this. I have all my own paper/card I just need to print the actual invitation part, the rsvp and the gift list.

Thanks guys, Sam.

we made our own, it was pretty easy. We bought the card from hobby craft, created the design in publisher and got a local shop to print them out. Then added little sticky jewels and ribbons to the invites to finish them off.

Can't you trim anything off? I never make my inserts the same size as the outer card otherwise the will show when you fold the card up. You could cut them down and stick one piece on each half of the inside of the card like a panel. The RSVP will need to be loose inside the invitation anyway, as will the gift list.

Depending on what software you are using you should be able to align the text to make it print centrally. In Microsoft word you can change the size of the borders. Out of interest are you using non standard sized paper (I.e. not A4/A5/etc.)? This might be why the printer is printing off centre, if so you will need to adjust the paper size in the printer's settings.

I'm sure many printers are not going to be interested because it will be a small job so there is not much money in it.

I'm not selling wedding stationery at the moment because I've decided to be a full time Mum for now but you might want to approach a few wedding stationers as they might be interested in printing the inserts for you.

Archived